“Really????? 135.00 per night and no maid service the 2 day????”
Review of Beach Stay Motel

Beach Stay Motel
Beach Stay Motel
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Rockaway Beach
Reviewed 29 July 2013

We were in town, for the weekend. thought since this place allows pets it would be fine..... made the reservations 3 weeks in advance, and at that time let them know there would be two med size dogs.
Checked in, had to park across the street.... got into our room... and turned on the tv....
went to take a shower, and when I was done taking my shower, the floor was sooooooo wet that I used my towels to dry up the floor so I could use the bathroom mirror.
We left the next morning about 8am and was gone until about 10pm.... when we got back to the room... we found no one had removed the towels, remade the bed, or restocked the coffee for the next morning..... I went to the office, it said I could reach the manager on a cell phone.... she did not answer, and when I tried to leave a message, it said I could not leave one. There was no one around to assist.

Even at the dive hotels that you pay 50.00 - 75.00 dollars a night, you at least get maid service... I will not stay there again!! VERY disappointing!! considering the cost for the room, not worth that amount of money!!

Room Tip: the rooms may be OK, but the 2ed day is not worth the money you spend.... Stay ANYWHERE else when in...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank janetc40

Reviewed 16 June 2013

My husband just spent the week at Beach Stay Motel. We stayed in the smallest room available of the four rooms there. For a couple, it was just right. The room was very clean and comfortable. As other reviewers have said, it isn't fancy but has a nice home away from home appeal. The room had a nice sized refrigerator and microwave to help keep snacks and such. Our host was quite nice and welcoming. I would stay here again. I only wish it was a little more south on the coast to be more centralized. However, if you are looking for a beautiful, hidden treasure of an area, this is the perfect spot.

Room Tip: There are several sized rooms from which to choose. For a couple, this was just right. We were gon...
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 September 2012

We really enjoyed this motel. It is very unique and we enjoyed the character of the place. It is a modular home that has been made into the motel. Each room is different and it has a great outside area to relax had have a BBQ if you want. Just a short walk to the beach and very peaceful. The room was very clean which is very important to us.
Our only objection was that there was no place to put our suitcase which is very minor. My husband really liked the king size bed and he is very picky. I really enjoyed the teddy bear on the bed, very cute.
The staff was very nice and helpful. We would stay here again and bring the family.

Room Tip: All the rooms are different and some have 2 bedrooms so it depends on what your needs are.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 September 2012

My husband and I really enjoyed our stay here, it was very cozy and felt like home. It was only a block from the beach and shopping was close by! The manager was very friendly and sweet. Our unit was clean and stocked with lots of extras, they provide all the cookware you'll need and brochures and menus for local restaurants and attractions. We stayed in Unit 5 and it was more spacious then I had expected, they even had plenty of books and games! (lots of TV channels too and wifi if you need it) We would definitely stay here again and recommend it to anyone looking for a cozy place to stay!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jrufener
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We loved our stay. The room was homey, and had many nice touches, and in no way resembled a standard box motel. The manager was very nice. It was very close to the beach. There was a barbecue to use out in the back. Very clean. We'll come back.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
0.1 km away
Tradewinds Motel
Tradewinds Motel
#4 of 8 in Rockaway Beach

Been to Beach Stay Motel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK