“We loved it...excellent location, price, cleanliness”
Review of Super 8 Redmond

Super 8 Redmond
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Redmond
“We loved it...excellent location, price, cleanliness”
Reviewed 1 July 2011

We loved the Super 8 in Redmond, OR. We came to visit family for a couple of days. Wished we could have stayed longer. The hotel was very clean, personnel were friendly and helpful, pool was awesome. It's in a great location, price was reasonable. It was our favorite hotel on the entire trip (stayed at 2 others on this trip). We will definitely be back!

• Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (36)
Antelope, California
Reviewed 21 April 2011

The Good :Hotel nice and clean. Rooms are decent for the price. Complimentary breakfast was great.
The BAD: If you stay on the first floor, the back door tension-er does not work and the door slams shut every time it's opened , which seems to happen all night long here. Also I got fraudulently charged for damage to the room which I disputed with my credit card and the funds were credited shortly after for a breach in their merchant agreement. The general manager could be one of the worst managers I've ever dealt with. While trying to dispute the charge with her directly, she told me she was charging me regardless of what I said and there was nothing I could do about it. My credit card company disagreed!
I have stayed in this city several times and there are several better options in the area. A few are even cheaper with a far superior staff. AVOID THE REDMOND SUPER 8!

• Stayed February 2011, travelled with friends
2 Thank bback50

Travellers are raving about these Redmond hotels

Los Angeles
Reviewed 19 October 2010

I was worried about staying in this hotel after reading the horrible reviews here, but a Priceline auction put me there for $55 a night. (I thought I was bidding only on Bend hotels.) As it turned out, I had a nice stay. This is a basic, budget hotel, but it has all the expected amenities, including free wi-fi. I asked for a non-smoking room at checkin and received room 107, which faces the rather quiet freeway. The room has the normal desk, two-drawer chest, table and two chairs, nightstands, hangers, and luggage rack. It also includes a safe. The TV includes all the normal cable channels you'd have at home, plus HBO--a better selection than a lot of hotels. I didn't eat breakfast, but I did use the microwave to heat up some dinner. (I used my own plate and fork, though you might be able to ask for them from the staff.) The front desk staff were friendly and nice. My only complaints are that the fitted sheet on the bed was too small and the heater was a bit noisy.

Bottom line: This hotel is nothing special, but there's nothing wrong with it either.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled solo
Sup8, Manager at Super 8 Redmond, responded to this review, 26 February 2011
Thank you for taking the time out of your schedule to complete a review regarding your recent stay at our hotel.

Again, thank you for completing a review.
Oregon
Reviewed 7 July 2010

We stayed at this hotel from July 2 through July 5. This was the worst, dirtiest Super 8 we have ever been in.
1) Desk clerk was obviously annoyed because we were paying cash. Acted very strange and said she could only handle one room at a time (other Super 8s have had no problem doing both rooms at once). Overcharged us for the rooms. When we showed her the printout and asked about the difference, she said she needed to help someone else and would get back to us. We waited for the other person to ask their question but didn't leave. This also annoyed her. Then she said she would refund the difference "and make it up somewhere else". Is she pocketing money for the rooms?
2) We had requested refrigerators because of milk for the child and one of the adults is a diabetic. No refrigerators. She rudely told us too bad, they didn't have any.
3) Son's room - TV didn't work, toilet was clogged. Went to desk and was given a plunger and told someone would come up to fix the TV. A maid came in and played with the TV for 20 minutes then said the cable box was broken and left. My son is in a full arm cast due to a bone graft on his arm so my husband had to go to their room to unclog the toilet. When my son called the front desk and asked if they were bringing up a new cable box, she seemed surprised he was complaining it didn’t work but he was told they would just change his room. While packing up their things to move, my grandson looked under his bed for a shoe and found dog feces. About 90 minutes later, no word about new room. Grandson went to desk and she acted like she didn't expect them to move but finally gave them another room. Desk top in our room was spotted with something sticky and looked like it hadn’t been wiped off.
4) Tag hanging on bathroom towel rod talks of going green and keeping detergent going into the water to a minimum by washing towels less. Said to leave any towels you were willing to reuse on the towel rod but if you wanted them replaced, put them on the floor. I am all for ecology so made sure the towels were on the rod. All were taken. Went to get in the shower and found there was no soap or shampoo, the maid had taken it all out of the room but didn’t replace it. My husband had to get dressed to go to the desk and get more.
5) Breakfast was awful. Orange juice one day was nothing but colored water, the next day it was the apple juice. Counter top was dirty with spilled milk, coffee, waffle batter and cereal. Took a muffin and some margarine spread. Opened the margarine and it was runny and melted like it had been left out in the heat too long. Almost afraid to eat there.
6) Husband asked to buy a Super 8 coffee mug. They had no idea where they were and couldn’t find them. The next day he asked again and finally got one. The last day (July 5) he went to the lobby to fill his cup. Came up the elevator and got to the room. Smelled something funny and found he had stepped in dog feces and had to go clean off his shoes. Hadn’t been outside the building.
7) Second room my son got had a large brown spot on the bedspread. Pulled it off the bed and the maids just kept putting it back on. Afraid to know what the spot was.
8) Saturday night someone had left a dog in the car. It barked all night long and was still barking early the next morning. Apparently nothing was said to the owner since the dog never stopped.

We have stayed in Super 8’s in Grants Pass and Roseburg and will be returning to the one in Grants Pass in September. However, we will NEVER stay at the one in Redmond again. We paid a little over $500 for the rooms (not exactly cheap compared to other hotels we have stayed in that were far better and cleaner) and thought we were going to at least a 2 or 3 star hotel. I wouldn’t give this hotel 1 star. Don’t waste your money, go elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank BMXGrandma
Sitka ak
Reviewed 14 March 2010

The general manager there is the rudest I have ever run in to in my life! We spend more than 50 nts a year on the road and have been doing so for 15 yrs and have never had as bad of a stay as we had at this motel. Save your money, dont stay here!!!!! we moved over to the Comfot Inn, what a great place and friendly people. great rates too. We will be rebooking here again for our 5 day stay for the Sportsman show in 2011. Had breakfast with more than a dozon other exhibitors here who had all had the same experience at that super 8, we all had a good laugh about escaping from the rath of the wicked witch of the super 8 and decided to start are own refugee camp over here!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank Mike S
Sup8, Manager at Super 8 Redmond, responded to this review, 19 March 2010
We regret that this guests stay with the Redmond Super 8 was nothing but
great. We were sold out during the Sportsman Show and alot of the vendors
and event holders who have been re-peat guests for 7 years have enjoyed our
team and made it a point of reserving with us because they feel the team
does an exceptional job and they receive great service. The hotel always
tries to accommodate every guest to the best of our abilities however, we
had to draw the line with the guest and asked him to check out early and
leave the property. This is the first time we have ever had to do this.The guests behaviour was unacceptable he was rude to our team as well as
many of our guests and made a number of inappropriate scenes in the lobby.
His requests were impossible to meet for example he asked us to call the
police because he thought children were jumping on the bed next to him. We
assured him that we will look into this immediately and we took care of it
immediately. The following morning 2 guests complained that the guest
knocked on their door, yelled at their children and banged on their walls a
number of times well they were speaking in their room. This is just one
example of the situation that was unfolding. In the best interest of our guests, the staff and the guest and his wife we had many conversations with the guest to rectify the situation and finally when nothing could be done we asked him to leave the hotel. The
review the guest wrote does not reflect the way this property is operated.
And we hope this review does not deter any guest from staying at the Redmond
Super 8. I was disappointed that things did not work out better with this particular guests since his fellow vendors were staying with us and his friends. I would ask him to call me personally if there is anything I could clear up for him or anything I could help him with in the future.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Redmond
1.1 km away
2.3 km away
Redmond Inn
Redmond Inn
#5 of 8 in Redmond

Been to Super 8 Redmond? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK