All reviews nespresso machine happy hour in the evening complimentary coffee in the lobby pillow menu front desk great toiletries facility fee food truck great hotel free beer downtown restaurants large bathroom corner king room hotel provided both mornings public parking per night
Reviewed 10 October 2017

Just spent a long weekend with family at the Dossier; our first trip to Oregon. It was just lovely. The staff were exceptionally friendly (especially Zachary at the front desk), and even remembered our names from day to day. My mother is elderly, and they lent us a wheelchair every day for sightseeing, which was a blessing, and also offered us umbrellas. They had great recommendations for sights and restaurants, and offered a modest but wonderful happy hour each evening in the lobby to relax. We also had complimentary coffee in the lobby in the morning. The room was spacious and super comfortable; we loved the "pillow menu" in particular. The hotel is very conveniently located a couple blocks from Pioneer Square, and within walking distance to everything.
Even with lots of research online, you never know about a place until you get there. The Dossier exceeded all of our expectations, and we highly recommend it. Thank you for a really memorable stay.

Room Tip: High is good.
  • Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
1  Thank Jennifer B
Zach M, General Manager at Dossier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 October 2017

Dear Jennifer B,

Thank you to you and your family for being such a fun group and for saying such wonderful things about the hotel. Our goal is always to ensure that every guest is offered a personalized and unique experience and that we achieved this for you is amazing to hear. We hope to see yourself, your sister and mother again sooner than later.

Reviewed 6 October 2017 via mobile

Enjoyed my stay at the Dossier. centrally located, room was big and spacious and super nice staff. Cheers to Louie at the front desk who was super helpful. Note that they now charge a Resort Fee as well, which is new.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled solo
1  Thank thediploj
Zach M, General Manager at Dossier Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 9 October 2017

Dear thediploj,

Thank you so much for staying with us and for taking the time to share your experience. I am very happy to hear that you enjoyed the property and its central location as well as the fact that my staff took such good care of yourself while with us.

We are excited to have you back in the future and hope that your next visit is even better than the first.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

We stayed here after a 10 day road trip. I wanted a really nice, quiet, comfy hotel and this did just that. The beds were so comfortable that I didn't move the entire night. Really great crisp white sheets, and just awesome overall comfort. They had super plush bathrobes in the closet. The bathroom was really large and beautiful and nice large toiletries. Plus there was an nespresso machine with 2 ref and 2 decaf.

The location is perfect. Just up the road there are many nice restaurants (supposedly the hotel has an awesome restaurant - but we wanted to explore. If they had offered guests a discount or even half off first drinks, we would have stayed).

Lobby is small (no hotel needs a large one these days), front desk was very nice and helpful and gave us a complimentary late check out.
Parking is $45, but there are $20 lots just a block away.

My only complaint - there were gaps under the door that exposed too much light and I could see shadows of people passing by (I ended up putting a towel down to cover it).

Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank congoroom
Management response:Responded 28 September 2017

Dear congoroom,

Thank you so much for staying with us at the Dossier! A 10 day road trip sounds great, but even better when you enjoy the comfort of our signature black-label beds and Italian, Mascioni linens. I am very pleased to hear that our staff took such good care of you, and agree, our lobby though beautiful is not large but there's so much to see in the city who needs to spend time there...except for maybe our soon-to-be afternoon Apertivo hour and morning coffee service.
Thank you again for your patronage and your feedback, both are very important to us and we hope that we can have both for future trips to Portland.

Reviewed 25 September 2017 via mobile

The Dossier Portland

A modern business style hotel in central Portland. It traded under the Westin name until recently.

We stayed one night with friends. Our rooms were on the 18th floor overlooking the east side of the city.

The bedrooms were large, clean and functional with king-sized beds, just as you'd expect from this type of hotel.

Car parking is available but it's an extra cost!

The bar is just off reception on the ground floor. Modern, predominantly black and white with a hexagon design tiled floor which plays havoc with your eyes after a few drinks!

The staff at the Dossier are friendly and warm.

Our stay was good and we departed rested. The Dossier isn't an exciting or particularly memorable hotel but it's functional and worth a visit.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled with friends
Management response:Responded 26 September 2017

Dear Iain13,

Thank you so much for your business, we truly appreciate your patronage and your detailed feedback. I am very glad to hear that you enjoyed the hotel overall and I do hope that you come back soon as I know we can make your visit and the memory of such, a supremely unforgettable and exciting experience.

Reviewed 20 September 2017

I travel a lot and post frank reviews, the best, worst and the just okay. The Dossier was spotless, modern, light and airy. The staff was friendly and helpful, across the board. I was here under difficult circumstances, a day after my daughter's death. Everyone, across the board, was respectful of the situation and extremely helpful when needed.

I just booked our stay here for our return in October for the memorial and celebration of my daughter's life.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Management response:Responded 22 September 2017

Mrs. Coffey,

It was a pleasure to have you here with us, and while we cannot express enough, our deepest sympathies for why you were with us, you are part of our family now, and we will be there for you always. We will be waiting in October to assist in anyway possible to make this experience easier. We thank guests all the time for providing their feedback as we understand it's time taken from other important things in life; far more important than telling us how we did, but we could never thank you enough for posting your feedback, regardless of how your experience was, under the circumstances. I will personally be there to welcome you back.