“Quality remodel, nice stay”
Review of Dossier

Dossier
Ranked #25 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 25 April 2012

The Westin Portland is in a nice location just off of Broadway in downtown. It's close to most things. They have completed a serious remodel in the past year. The rooms feel brighter and lighter, with more modern amenities. The typical Westin Shower and Bed are still there to be enjoyed. The lobby has had a nice up-do as well. The entrance to the daily grill is much more lush and modern, giving it an open feel. The service has always been delightful and remains that way, from the front desk to the valet. The only piece of the hotel that wasn't upgraded was the gym, which is a minor bummer. The gym is ok to begin with, but it could use more space and a spot to stretch out some. All in all, this is a very nice option for Portland and better after the remodel. The prices are usually quite good and it's a nice value.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled on business
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 23 April 2012

My husband and I recently stayed at the Westin in downtown Portland for a little getaway to celebrate our anniversary. I spoke to the front desk manager, Daniel Kahn, to coordinate setting up special decorations (i.e champagne, rose petals, basket of delicious goodies) for my husband as a surprise. Not only did he and his staff do an amazing job arranging what I requested, but they were able to capture the special moment I wanted to create for my husband when he saw it all in the room.

I am beyond pleased with the overall customer care of this hotel! In addition to phenomenal customer service, the hotel is just gorgeous. We had a corner room on a high floor. The lobby is very well appointed with the bar and grill immediately off to the side. The bar area has iPads for use right at the counter while you enjoy your drinks and appetizers. The location is perfect for walking to various restaurants and shopping. The trade marked term "Heavenly" by Westin is a fitting description of the entire experience. We will certainly be returning back to this hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 23 April 2012

If you love upscale hotels in central locations, you'll be hard pressed to find anything better, bargain wise, than the newly refurbished Westin Portland. We stayed a couple nights and loved it. It has one of the nicer hotel bars/bistros in town, and I loved that it is a mere block from the Max transit line that takes you to and from the airport. Front desk staff were always attentive and happy to answer any questions we had. My one complaint is the $12/day fee for using the hotel's wireless. Really, when customers are paying good money for rooms, does it really help the property's PR cause to ding them 12 bucks for what, in this tech day and age, should be a given in every hotel? Otherwise, this is a great hotel in one of my favorite cities in the world.

• Stayed: April 2012
1  Thank Wayfarer64
Reviewed 19 April 2012

It was raining and cold when I arrived at the hotel but I was soon uplifted by the wonderful people at check-in who made a point of giving me the kind of room I asked for, away from elevators, ice machines and on the quiet side of the hotel. It was blissfully peaceful, although no view (it was gray and rainy anyway...who cares?) The tradeoff was that my cell phone didn't work in my sequestered room so I had to go down to the lobby to make my calls...fine with me. The bed was uber comfy and the huge bathroom was not to be believed...large marble glassed in shower AND a separate soaking tub! Within a few blocks of everything--theatres, Powell's, Pearl district, department stores, restaurants. I would stay again in a heartbeat.

Room Tip: If you like quiet, ask for an inside room
  • Stayed: March 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 April 2012

My husband and I stayed at The Westin Portland for one night in early April 2012. We were visiting the Portland area for a wedding and wanted to experience a taste of downtown.

The Westin completely met our expectations: excellent service [we checked in several hours early without a problem], exceptionally clean facilities and luxury bedding. Although the room was on the small side, we had a very comfortable and quiet night’s stay, which was perfect after a busy day of sightseeing.

The hotel has a great location downtown. It is centrally located and close to the food carts. There are plenty of restaurants and shops within walking distance [check out the Pearl District], and street parking is easy.

My only complaints about the hotel were monetary. While the price of the room was reasonable, the price to park with the hotel overnight was excessive. We parked our car in a lot around the corner for less than half of the Westin price. In addition, there was a daily charge for wifi, which seemed odd. It is usually a complimentary feature of competing hotels.

Guests should note there is no pool [we did not have time to miss it].

Overall, we had a very easy stay. I would recommend this hotel to travelers who want a standard hotel experience and a comfortable, restful night.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple