We spent a fantastic but quick weekend in Portland. Jupiter was a Superb location for this particular trip. However, I think staying at the Jupiter as many Pros and Cons.
- Cute Arty Rooms, Comfy bed! (go for the Metro room, as the studio small is supa small.)
- Super Star Hotel Staff! Friendly, Helpful, and Knowledgeable of Portland Happenings.
- Great Lounge/Restaurant: Douglas Fir is located on the same property.
- Voodoo Deal Coupon. So cool to get a voodoo donuts coupon with our stay! Yum!
- Location, Location, Location. Quick cab or bike to everything.
- Live Music onsite, good stuff! Enjoy the music and drinks then walk over to your room - no driving! No fuss.
- Very fun to make simon chalk drawlings on your own door, I had fun with that feature. haha.
- Bikes on site
- It is a old motel and our room fixtures, although they were modern and cool were already showing wear and tear since this remodel to the Jupiter. The toilet seat cover was already worn.. I'm sure it's not much to change that out, so it was a few small scuffs about the room that think can be easily fixed and would improve the room we were in.
- Thin Walls. You hear everything inside and outside!
- We already stayed up as late as the music, enjoying it as well, so no issue with band noise. What amazed me, however, was the level that some of the patrons could party on.. Maybe it was a fluke but I heard partying at like 5:30am both nights and I def am too old to hang with that kind of racket. Wow, 2am is fine for me.. 5:30am.. not as much!
I highly recommend this hotel for a quick overnight in Portland or stay for a night to catch a show then party with the best of em. I should of guessed when they advertise at midnight rooms are offered at a discount rate if they still have openings. Good Times and maybe will even try again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to the Jupiter Hotel, a mid-century, renovated motor inn-turned-boutique hotel in the heart of Portland, minutes away from Downtown Portland, the Oregon Convention Center, the Pearl District and the Rose Garden Arena. A refreshingly affordable minimalist hotel for creative business nomads and urban explorers, the Jupiter Hotel offers 81 guestrooms, over 4,000 square feet of unique meeting and event space, an airy bamboo courtyard and outdoor fireplace seating for guests. Jupiter Hotel amenities include complimentary wireless internet, locally-roasted Water Avenue organic coffee every morning in the lobby, bikes for rent and Natura eco-friendly bath amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Expedia and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jupiter Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jupiter Hotel Portland