“Chain hotel, nice location” 4 of 5 bubbles

Hilton Portland & Executive Tower
Ranked #37 of 137 Hotels in Portland
GreenLeadersGold level
Barcelona, Spain
“Chain hotel, nice location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 April 2012

The Hilton is a cookie-cutter chain hotel: not many surprises there. Room was spacious, clean and comfortable, the breakfast buffet was good (though not exceptional), and, in the two interaction I had with them, the staff was corteous and efficient. Best marks for location, spot on downtown Portland, one block from the tram.

The four elevators, though, had some trouble managing the amount of people that tended to go down or up in sync with the schedule of the meeting I was attending, and 10-min waits for crowded elevators were common.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (388)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Brooklyn, New York, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I've stayed at this hotel twice, most recently for 11 days while I was in Portland for business. It was a great home away from home and the hotel was really accommodating by providing me with an in-room refrigerator for the duration of my stay. The staff are great and we found the concierge to be extremely helpful. The beds were cozy and I found myself missing it when I was back home, which never happens! Portland is a beautiful city and this hotel puts you in the center of it all. It is also close to great public transit in case you want to get out and explore other neighborhoods. I have stayed in both buildings and honestly didn't notice a big difference between the two. I enjoyed the restaurant in the main building (as far as hotel restaurants go...but get out to some of Portland's fantastic restaurants if you can) but found the food from room service a bit lacking in flavor. Overall great hotel that I would recommend to others traveling to Portland.

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
AnthonyRico, Manager at Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, responded to this review, 19 April 2012
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review on the Hilton Portland, we most certainly appreciate your feedback. I’m enthused to hear that you feel the Hilton Portland & Executive Tower is “your home away from home”. Again, thank you and we hope you will have the opportunity to welcome you home again soon!

Salt Lake City, Utah
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 April 2012

I was in Portland for 6 days for a professional conference. The conference was held at the Hilton and they were offering a reduced room rate. I had a wonderful experience at this hotel. The room was the perfect size, very clean, comfortable, and quiet. I had drinks in the hotel bar with friends but never ate there. The entire hotel staff were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is centrally located, so I was able to see and do everything I wanted. This trip was a great experience and if I ever make it back to Portland, I would definitely stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review on the Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, we most certainly appreciate your feedback and glad you enjoyed your stay. We look forward to welcoming you back on your next visit to the Portland. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your review.

Penticton, BC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 April 2012

My family travelled to this hotel for EAster in Portland with our small white dog. We had an awesome corner room on the 16th floor of the regular building. The staff at this hotel were super friendly and helpful...the beds were great...I felt welcome walking around with my dog as well. The elevators were super fast and super clean. The location too is great for access to anywhere in the beautiful city. Close to the Trimet for a quick ride to Rose Quarter or Jen Weld. And easy walk to the Voodoo donut store or the Saturday Market and Pioneer Place shopping. I would only stay here in Portland if we went again!!!

• Stayed April 2012, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review on the Hilton Portland & Executive Tower, we most certainly appreciate your feedback and glad you enjoyed your stay. We understand our pets are a part of our families and we enjoy welcoming them into our hotel! We look forward to welcoming you and all your family back on your next visit to the Portland. Again, thank you for taking the time to share your review.

Kamloops
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 April 2012

I stayed here for a conference and everything was great. The rooms were clean and the bathroom spotless. I asked to be away from the elevator and my room was behind the elevator and I never heard a thing.( it was so quiet) The staff was great, the pool and fitness centre are well done. The in house restaurant while limited menu was fine.
There are so many wonderful places to see and walk to from the hotel. We walked every conference break.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business