5 people are viewing this hotel
Free cancellation until 14/12/22
Official Site$207
Priceline$216
Travelocity$182
All reviews amazing library front desk amenity fee complimentary beer rooms are modern beautiful hotel beautiful room happy hour corner room definitely stay here again love this hotel pioneer square parking garage visiting portland downtown area public transportation light rail
Selected filters
Reviewed 24 September 2022 via mobile

The Heathman remains a downtown Portland gem. The rooms are modern, comfortable, and very clean. The staff are great and more than happy to help with directions, restaurant recommendations, and just about anything else you may need.

Trip type: Travelled solo
Reviewed 3 September 2022 via mobile

It’s been a long past few months. We finally got an opportunity to work out of town (excuse to get away) at the last minute, expecting the least, but came to Heathman Hotel hoping for the best. It was then we were delighted with Kodi’s customer service. Not many can turn our luck around after a few difficult months, let alone a day, but Kodi turned our frown(s) upside down and really made our night here in Portland. Going from worrying about where to stay, to having one of the best spots in Portland was a game changer. The room was very clean, the bathroom was modern and perfect size for my wife and I. Kodi even went out of her way to offer us a room on the top floor but the view was perfect from where we were. So I highly recommend anyone to ask for Kodi when coming here to the Heathman Hotel looking for superb service. If she’s available, and your recommendations are possible, she’ll make it happen. Not only will we be back here to stay in the future, but we will recommend our employees and clients to stay here. We hope Kodi is able to provide you with the luxurious service we were able to receive!

Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank AutoIndustries
Marjorie Walsh, General Manager at The Heathman Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 week ago

Thank you for the great review AutoIndustries! Kodi is an asset to our team and I will be sure to pass along your kind words. I am glad to hear that with Kodi's assistance you were able to enjoy a premier city view and an enjoyable experience! We hope you can "work from Heathman" again soon!

Reviewed 3 September 2022 via mobile

I chose the Heathman because it's a gorgeous historic hotel with great prices. What really blew me away, though, was the hospitality. Before my arrival I received a text from Kodi the front desk supervisor welcoming me and asking if there was anything she could do to make our visit memorable. I told her it was our anniversary and I'd love to do something special. Kodi took it from there and we arrived to a beautiful room, a bottle of bubbly, and a gorgeous card. Honestly never felt more welcomed into a hotel in my life. Thank you Kodi!!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Olivia G
Reviewed 30 August 2022 via mobile

This was my wife and I second stay at the Heathman hotel. Both experiences were incredibly warm and friendly! It started with their wonderful valet drivers, who have some of the best recommendations on places to check out when visiting Portland, they even suggest wonderful places outside of Portland if you are looking for a different experience! Their suggestion definitely made the trip way more fun and helped us save time on searching for awesome places to check out. Valet handled our car with the upmost care and we felt very comfortable knowing they would be taking care of us. The front desk service people are just as kind and friendly! They truly go above and beyond. Anytime we asked for something they were more than willing or if they didn’t have something they’d find a way! We desperately needed to charge our phones and the guest services man working that day was so kind to lend his personal one to us, thanks to him we were able to use our gps to find our way back home. The rooms in the Heathman are beautiful and spacious! We are huge art lovers and really Appreciated the pictures and painting in the room! We even had a beautiful view of a mural outside our window! I specifically asked when booking for a room with a view and they absolutely nailed it! The house keepers are also amazing! Anytime they saw us exit our room they asked if we needed anything or wanted anything cleaned, very respectful and attentive. We were so pleased with the service we received on these two trips! There is no doubt that this will ALWAYS be our go to when visiting Portland!

Date of stay: August 2022
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 August 2022 via mobile

I have been coming to this hotel for 20 years and invariably had a great experience. I came during Covid and it was constrained but fine. But now it’s just not worth it. Staff, neighborhood safety, maintenance, it all feels like it’s kind of falling apart.

I am a tea drinker and like a cup of black tea in the morning. Pretend I’m a coffee drinker and this is about coffee. My reservation, as usual, included a request for two black teabags for my two nights. I got to the Hotel, and the woman said oh yes there will be two teabags in the room – British brunch, and English breakfast.

Got to the room and, someone had recently peed in the toilet, there was a half used Q-tip container open on the vanity, and only one black tea bag. Whatever. The bed had been made. I assume the clean sheets were clean.

Nabbed a piece of chocolate in the nice chocolate store, and the owner mentioned her tip jar had been stolen three times in the past couple weeks.

The next morning woke up at 5:45 because the alarm clock in the room next-door went off. I’ve been hoping to sleep in until eight. By the way it stays on for only five minutes. I didn’t know that so called and the staff came up and turned it off. It was fine this morning.

Asked the cleaning staff in English and fluent Spanish for a second black tea bag, mentioning the name and the color. Got back after a long day and found lots more herbal tea bags, but no black tea bag. Called downstairs, she said she would take care of it, two hours later I’m ready for bed, nothing. Called downstairs, she said she would take care of it, Then called back a couple minutes later to say they were out. I said that the very empty hotel I’m sure has a black tea bag in some other tea caddy, as my caddy had a teabag when I arrived. We agreed that they would leave it outside the door as I was heading to bed. Half an hour later an insistent knocking at my door. I open the door, naked, and the guy hands me a chai tea bag. He says no one told him not to knock. I called downstairs and she says “I told him not to knock.” It’s just amateur night.

In room 512, you can hear some kind of a loud spring that expands and contracts when the HVAC is on in the room next door.

Needless to say, no black tea outside my door this morning. I took a shower and left.

Date of stay: August 2022