“good stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Vancouver, Canada
“good stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

Relative Proximity:
We chose this hotel based on the proximity to things around town, but not necessarily on airport. It turned out to be about 15-20 mins away from everything which wasn't so bad only because we had a car and a GPS. Even without it, it's easy to navigate to from the downtown core because you're driving through two major streets. There's an outdoor strip mall called 'Cascade Station' and an IKEA that's a 4 minute drive away if you want to do some shopping; however if shopping downtown is your main attraction, then you might want to consider staying at a closer hotel.

Appearance:
The pictures on the website definitely makes the hotel seem much newer that it really is. The hotel is quite rundown and needs to be saved from its late 80s vibe. Having mentioned that, everything was quite clean considering I'm usually one to wipe everything down before I put my clothes on hangers and hang my bath towels on the back of the door. We stayed in a section of the hotel that's a little further from the lobby area where you have to walk down the hall from the pool to get to the room. The room we stayed in was surprisingly spacious which included:a king sized bed with a flat screen tv, a square table for eating and or writing, a couple of chairs and a counter top with a little bar sink, fridge and microwave. Overall I was quite happy with the size and cleanliness.

Service:
Hotel staff was very friendly and helpful. Their internet wasn't working when I was trying to look up a good restaurant to eat at so I decided to ask the hotel staff behind the counter. He ended up giving me a list of places that locals go to and really spent the time to help me out.

Sleep quality:
I was able to hear the tv of the hotel guest that stayed next door to us, but like any other hotel, I'm sure it would be the same unless you it was sound proofed. The loudest part most disrupting part of my sleep was when the person next to our room was running the tap in the bathtub/shower.

Overall:
I would only recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to be close to the airport, but otherwise, I'm very happy with my stay.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank D L
GMRamadaPortland, General Manager at Ramada Portland Airport, responded to this review, 30 July 2012
Thank you for your kind review. We hope to see you again soon!
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (151)
Seattle, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

This is indeed an aged property. The hallways, rooms, bathrooms all look and smell bad. This was a last minute accommodation and some others moved out after just one night.

Service was decent at the front desk. The shuttle driver/maintenance guy was efficient and friendly. The cafe for breakfast was OK.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Thank you for your review. We are currently upgrading our facility. Hope you will choose us in the future.
Spokane, Washington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2012 via mobile

We chose the Ramada Portland Airport mainly because it fit our budget during our visit to Portland. Frankly, my expectations were not high after reading several reviews.

Our room was clean. No surprises. The linens and towels were tattered and stained. The hotel certainly needs to invest in an upgrade. The interior hallways did smell of cigarette smoke, but once we entered our room it did not pose a problem. The A/C worked. The bathtub did fill with water when having a shower. The bed and pillows were not the most comfortable, but they sufficed.

We went to happy hour in the lounge. Apparently, happy hour drinks are pre-made as I saw the bartender pour our drinks from a single container. The drinks were weak. Vodka cranberrys should not be orange.

The ice machine on the second floor was not functioning so we had to go downstairs to get ice. We did use the pool and jacuzzi. The pool was cold and the jacuzzi was too hot, and frothy. I guess you are permitted to smoke in the courtyard where the pool and jacuzzi are located.

Hotel staff were adequate. If it were my choice, I would've paid more for better quality.

Stayed July 2012, travelled with friends
Thank you for your constructive review. You hope to see you soon at the Ramada Portland Airport!
Hood River, Oregon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 July 2012

Our stay at this Ramada near the Portland Airport was made primarily for the park and fly offered. Unfortunately we picked up more than we bargained for in the process: bedbug bites. We stayed at no other hotel or location other than our home and family homes. Plus the timing of the bites appearance coincides with our stay. Doctor confirmed bedbug bites. The bedbugs impact our ratings. Without the bedbugs this is a budget hotel with no frills. Needs cleaning but the staff (front desk and shuttle driver) were very nice.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Letitbeab
San Jose, California, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2012

I had booked a double queen room at the hotel. Once I checked in everything seemed ok, but the AC wasn't working - it was sweltering hot inside and cooler outside (and this is in July). When I called up the front desk and asked them for a change of room or to fix the AC the attitude of the lady at the front desk became rude and said there's nothing she could do about it, and the hotel's air's being controlled by the hotel(if that's the case, 80F is in any case extremely hot) and she can't do anything. When asked for a change of room, she just said there were no rooms. Finally after telling her that it is impossible to sleep in the heat her suggestion was to leave the window open and sending someone with a fan. There was no sense of concern or any hospitality of any kind.

I didn't pay for this kind of a treatment, and I didn't expect it from a Ramada Inn. In all, it was a horrible experience.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
GMRamadaPortland, General Manager at Ramada Portland Airport, responded to this review, 25 July 2012
I am very sorry for any inconvience you experienced with our hotel staff and ac unit. I apologize that your experience was anything less than satisfying. Our goal is to not only meet the needs of each and every guest we serve, but to exceed your expectations to make your stay as pleasant and comfortable as possible. I hope this experience doesn't detour you from staying with us in the future.