- great location within a 10 minute walk to Powell's books, Whole Foods, loads of bars and restaurants. Felt safe in this area.
- staff were generally super friendly and helpful
- I was in a dorm room with an extremely uncomfortable bed (thin and hard mattress) that was also super noisy whenever I moved. Not a great combination for a good night's sleep.
- The free breakfast consists of a single bagel and a tea/coffee. Better than nothing, but every other hostel I have stayed at on this trip has offered unlimited bagels/bread, plus boiled eggs and fruit salad. No comparison.
- There are only 3 or 4 activities offered during the week. And they are not very appealing at that. There's so much great things to do in this town! How they do not have decent activities organised for every single day is beyond me!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Private rooms and dorms, common kitchen, outdoor courtyard and gardens. Central location in NW Portland near the Pearl. Portland's best bargain! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com and HostelWorld so you can book your Hostelling International - Northwest Portland Hostel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hostelling International - Northwest Portland Hotel Portland