All reviews i stayed in a private room bed dorm trader joe's communal areas common room main building alphabet district fred meyer bars and restaurants minute walk nob hill guest house the pearl laundry facilities few blocks within walking distance stayed longer
Reviewed 12 August 2017

I had a wonderful expericence in this hostel. The beakfast was good, the facilities were really nice and clean. The hostels activities were good and a nice way to meet people and get to know the city. They even have a secret garden to hang out in with fellow hostellers. The staff was nice and helpful. I will come back.

Reviewed 9 August 2017

This is a nice hostel within a walking distance from the Greyhound bus stop (15-20 mins walk). The hostel staff is good, special thanks to the friendly housekeepers over there. Breakfast was included, ( a beverage and a bagel from the café attached to the hostel). overall the hostel is very clean, I have seen housekeepers cleaning bathrooms, common areas and rooms everyday of my 4 nights stay.
They offer a different activity everyday to discover the city or have a drink in one of the many breweries in Portland ( tour or activity can be cancelled if not enough persons are registered though).
Overall I would recommend this hostel.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 July 2017

I stayed at this hostel in July 17 for 3 nights. The hostel was very clean, the staff were friendly and helpful. It was nice that a bagel and coffee/tea/orange juice was included in the price and there was a nice space to eat breakfast.

The rooms were fairly spacious and there are power outlets and fans by each bed and lockers in the rooms.

The bathrooms were large individual bathrooms with lockable doors which made a nice change from shared shower facilities.

The location was good. Close to the tram and bus stops and also easily walkable to the Amtrak station (15mins) and walking distance to Powells book store and nice shops and cafes in downtown.

My only slight gripe was that I arrived late due to a flight delay (1am) and I think the person on reception had gone for a break so I stood by the door with the doorbell ringing out to a phone playing loud hold music for about 15minutes. This worried me as I thought I was going to be locked out and that I had mis-read the 24hr reception information. Also that the noise from the hold music was loud and attracting attention to me stood there with my suitcase looking like a tourist on the street! It was all resolved with a friendly staff member after about 15minutes but it is worth noting for other travellers - be reassured that they will get to you when they are able but there may be a slight delay at that time of night.

Reviewed 29 July 2017

This is a great hostel. The location is excellent- it is a short walk to the Pearl District, Alphabet District, and ~20min walk to downtown. The hostel itself is in a quieter residential area, and I did not feel nervous at all walking around here by myself. The rooms and restrooms are very clean, and the staff were all very friendly and helpful! I would recommend this hostel to anyone- especially if you are looking to stay in a convenient location at a very affordable price!

Reviewed 18 July 2017

I really enjoyed my stay at this hostel, especially with the new cafe and the new building next door. My Airbnb fell through, so I booked a bed in an all-women room and everything was great! I've stayed at probably 20 hostels around the world and usually the American ones don't measure up to the ones in Europe - not the case with this hostel! Everything was so clean, the staff were friendly, the guests varied in age and everyone was friendly and welcoming. The lockers were large, towels were free, and the rooms and bathrooms were very clean. I would recommend this hostel to anyone who is traveling through Portland! It's also very close to Powell's Books, a Rogue brewery bar, and the Pearl district. Very walkable and very Portland. I would give five stars if they had privacy curtains on the bunkbeds, but otherwise everything was awesome!

Room Tip: Stay in an all-female room if you're a woman traveling alone. This hostel also has private rooms for families and couples.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with family