“Comfort food!”

Good for: Child-friendly
Dining options: Takeout
Neighbourhood: Downtown
Reviewed 30 May 2015 via mobile

We saw this diner on the Food Network and decided to stop for lunch. We went mid-week after the lunch rush. Their hours are limited so check first. There is a parking garage on the same block for easy parking. The diner is small and you could walk right past it. We picked the table for 4 in the back - counter service with old fashioned stools also available. They make their own syrups so we all had flavored shakes. Delicious! We all enjoyed the Yukon smashed potatoes as the side and tried the Reuben burgers and sloppy joe sandwiches all served on Texas toast. We were stuffed by the end. Come hungry! The dum-dum lollipops on the table are a fun touch. Staff were friendly and we enjoyed the diner. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 25 February 2015 via mobile

Fun little place with minimal signage so it is easy to miss. The sandwich was great but really thought the potatoes that came with it the highlight. Here is the tip if you get a milkshake, and definitely recommend that, split the sandwhich or you just have too much to eat.

Reviewed 19 February 2015

Took my partner here for a birthday lunch. The food is very nice - great comfort food. The malts and sodas had an fantastic selection and I can recommend them.

Reviewed 18 February 2015

I cannot speak when it comes to Blueplate. I dream about it and salivate whenever I think about it. I plan trips to Portland based on arriving before they close for the day. The sliders are killer. The Yukon gold potatoes are comfort food deluxe. The sodas are refreshing. Simple menu, but perfect. LOVE Blueplate!!!

Reviewed 22 January 2015

Jumped in on recommendation of Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives. Such a little entrance, I had to look it up on my app and found I was standing right in front! The meal was absolutely special. I had the southwest sliders, and the burger was fresh, interesting and so good I ate too much. The side potatoes were perhaps the best, and I love potatoes so that's saying something. Cool people, tiny and informal. Really a neat find for either locals or travelers.