“Classy bed and breakfast”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Portland's White House
Ranked #2 of 35 Portland B&B and Inns
Smyrna, Georgia
“Classy bed and breakfast”
Reviewed 12 April 2012

We stayed three nights and very much enjoyed the accommodations. Breakfast was different every day, but all three were excellent. We had French Toast, Huevos Rancheros and fruit covered waffles on different mornings. Steve and Kim were very friendly and attentive, Someone spent a lot of money on the furniture and fixtures. We enjoyed walking around and looking at all the pieces. Best of all were the fresh oatmeal cookies that we found in our room each day. No leftovers there. The location is near Broadway, which is a major traffic artery. Getting around Portland is pretty easy when you start from here.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (86)
Reviewed 28 March 2012

My wife and I participated in one of the great parties I have been to in a long time. Steve and Kim from The White House put on a Mystery Party called Murder At The Juice Joint. Everyone dressed to character, acted their parts, ate great food and simply had a blast. We stayed the night and woke to the wonderful breakfast that The White House serves. The White House is a great location to stay, has awesome rooms and superior service - a great getaway no mater what the occasion. We make it our regular spot and certainly won't miss their next mystery party.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
Victoria
Reviewed 11 March 2012

During a recent road trip to the bay area I decided to try inns and B&B's that were part of the "Unique Inns" group and The White House was my first.

It's located in a great area of Portland with classic heritage mansions everywhere. I enjoyed my king room and all the yummy treats as well as the great breakfast. I'll return for sure!

Room Tip: All rooms looked great but I loved the one with the little balcony over the portico. Can you say Wes...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank iGuy
Seattle
Reviewed 17 January 2012

My husband and I like to have "romantic getaways" in the very City in which we live...so we chose Portland's White House for a Friday night! EVERYTHING was perfect! The ambiance, flexibility of check-in time, location.... The owner (Lanning) was so helpful, accommodating, charming, not to mention a GREAT cook and "host!" The LARGE, delectable cookies that awaited us in our room were gobbled up and cherished! We would SO recommend this B&B for ANY occasion! OH, the king size Down pillows were HEAVEN!

Room Tip: We stayed in the "Carriage House" in the Chauffeurs Quarters and it was so easy to access...
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 23 December 2011

For my wife's birthday we stayed at the Portland White House and this is the penultimate in B&Bs. The house is luxurious and gorgeous inside and out and the hosts put on a breakfast feast that was fantastic. I had been in touch with them several times over the preceding weeks to tailor the visit specifically to my wife's tastes and they performed marvellously. They had a special flower arrangement prepared for her to a tee of what I had described and they had a special bottle of Champagne chilled and awaiting her arrival. I can not say enough about the efforts that the owners are willing to expend in order to accomodate and please their guests. If you enjoy B&Bs, then you must take the trek to for this experience. You will not be disappointed, except possibly in other B&Bs which follow.

Room Tip: Ask for the suite directly over the entrance and enjoy a glass of champagne on the balcony
  • Stayed September 2011, travelled as a couple