“Crowd separation”
Review of Wonder Ballroom

Wonder Ballroom
Ranked #14 of 49 Concerts & Shows in Portland
Reviewed 23 June 2015

The place itself is nothing special but the sound system was good and so was the concert experience. What I find odd was the crowd separation between younger and older concert-goers. It looked like you could get to a part of the hall were they served drink only if you had a stamp on you hand. Even though I am old enough to have a drink this had put me off so I didn't even try to get a beer. Taking pictures was also forbidden.

Reviewed 15 June 2015

First time seeing a show at this venue last week with my step daughter. From first impressions I thought the floor area was smaller than Roseland but cleaner. They had a large area marked off for drinking. I had wished I was able to purchase a beer to enjoy while watching the show but was unable to given that my daughter was not allowed into the area and beer was not allowed out. I was a little surprised they didnt have a area set up to sell water/pop for the under 21 crowd. They did however have a free set up of water which many people took advantage of. They had one Fan blowing air around which was not nearly enough. After the show started the room felt like it was 90 degrees. Both myself and my daughter were on fire hot. Better ventilation would of been greatly appreciated. I didnt notice problems with the lighting as others mentioned. I would reccomend this venue for a close up concert experience but would advise to dress light especially in the warmer months. Parking was off street but easy enough to locate a spot that was not too far away on the side streets.

Reviewed 28 March 2015 via mobile

Came to see The Mowglis, Hippo Campus, and Night Riots...acoustics great, nice bar, bar down below too...no real place to park so you gotta look for street parking. This is a smaller venue for smaller bands so this is a standing room only venue, but fun nonetheless.

Reviewed 4 December 2014

Went to see Lindsey Sterling the sound was awesome and the place was packed but was still doable for room to move around. It is mostly standing room only with a few seats in the balcony. The best spot to stand for use was the balcony as it was the least crowded and by the bar. Even with the number of people in the building the entering and exiting was quick and efficient.

See more reviews
Reviewed 28 May 2014

Went to see Elbow on May 24 and it was my second time there. The place was packed as the show was sold out, but the venue has great sound and plenty of ventilation. There is a balcony with limited seating (we got there too late and had to stand), but I'm sure it was nice up there.

We went to the downstairs bar and the service was great and the drinks were cheap. Also ordered sandwiches (I had the Cubano and my fiance had the pulled pork) and they were super delicious. Rare to find for "concert food". Fresh baked buns and quality meat. I would go back again just for the food.

Can't wait to go to another show there!