“better than what I had in spain”
Review of Toro Bravo

Toro Bravo
Ranked #25 of 4,343 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$ 10 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Spanish
Good for: Bar Scene, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
pdx
“better than what I had in spain”
Reviewed 23 January 2012

did the tasting menu and had 9 dishes without a miss. food was well paced and every dish was delicious and varied...started with seasoned garbanzo beans and amazing they could taste that good. excellent sangria too

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Beaverton, Oregon
“Yummsters!”
Reviewed 15 January 2012

Fantastic small plates. Everything delicious. Waitress great with recommendations. Fun, happening atmosphere.

Nashville, Tennessee
“Amazing!!”
Reviewed 10 January 2012

This place is absolutely amazing. We made reservations for a party of 8 on a Thursday night. I called a few ahead and my only option was a 5:00 reservation which is early for us but we are very glad we made the reservation. They gave us a great farm style table in the front of the restaurant which we loved. We each ordered about three plates each so we could share and all try something different. I was pleasantly surprised by the portions they were a little larger than I have had at other tapas restaurants. We started with the bacon wrapped dates which were delicious. A few of my favorite dishes that really stood out to me were the potatoes Bravas were great, the baked polenta, the empanadas, and pork rillettes were fabulous. They also offer a great selection of wine and cocktails. I had a delicious spicy margarita I believe it had jakepeno infused tequila in it. This is hands down one of my most unforgettable dining experiences and is a must if you are in Portland. I will return everytime I am in town.

Portland, Oregon
“My favorite restaurant in Portland”
Reviewed 8 January 2012

The first time I was here, I looked at the menu for five minutes and finally looked up at my wife and said, "I don't see anything to eat here." Truthfully, that embarrasses me a bit. Some of the items sound pretty exotic. The server came by and said we needed to trust her. She told us to order the chef's tasting menu and the result was brilliant. Every dish...dish after dish...was outstanding. Impossible to pick a favorite. It was so very good. A month ago, my wife and I brought some very picky eater friends here. They left saying it was the best meal they had ever eaten. The tasting menu is a good bargain at $35 per person. Good enough that you MUST order a pitcher of sangria to go with it. Come early to avoid the long wait. Portland's best restaurant.

Portland, Oregon
“Meat!”
Reviewed 1 January 2012

If you like meat, this is your place.
Extremly busy and noisy. VERY SLOW service.