All reviews division street other guests gabriel garcia marquez cotton robes fresh bagels two nights claw foot continental breakfast is within walking distance few blocks hawthorne neighborhood privacy district laundry repair closet
Reviewed 7 September 2016

Bluebird guesthouse is in a very convenient location with lots of restaurants, shops and local flare. Our room was small no bathroom (ken kensey) but the bathroom was next to our room and they give your robes. Honestly we knew all the rooms were full but we saw about 3 people when we were there. The bed was comfy and the room was clean. Breakfast was manly pastries, fruit, coffee and if you wanted to make some pancakes they offer that also. All in all for the price I would go back just for the convenience of the location.

Date of stay: September 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled with family
4  Thank Travel3069
Reviewed 24 August 2016

The Bluebird Guest House was very convenient and it was a good value for the money. I would place it in a category slightly below a B&B. We had the only room that had its own bathroom. The other rooms shared baths. The continental breakfast was very good. They had fresh bagels and excellent bakery along with fruit, good coffee, juice, and pancake mix if you wanted to make your own. We were always able to find free parking within a block on the surrounding residential streets. Division Street is full of restaurants and watering holes. A few blocks west is the Bollywood Theatre, which is an Indian Restaurant that projects Bollywood movies without the sound in the dining room. The food was great. There is also a great ice cream shop a block away.

There was no TV available, even in the common rooms. WIFI was good and we had no trouble streaming content on-line.

Room tip: The Gabriel Garcia-Marquez room on the first floor is the only room with its own bath. It was pleasant with a comfortable bed.
Date of stay: August 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mileswis
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

We absolutely loved everything about our stay. The bed was super comfortable the room was equipped with a desk and a night stand there was a closet with hangers if you wanted to hang up your clothes. We stayed for three nights. Every one who was staying there was extremely pleasant and friendly. The continental featured a wide selection of pastries bagels yoghurt and fruit all of which were really tasty. The area was fabulous there were lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance and just a short bus ride into downtown or a long walk for those that are ambitious. The only downside was that our room was in the basement and we had to go to the first floor to use the washroom which for us was really minor.

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2016

quiet, affordable, convenience location. best value for the money.
The restaurant near by is very very good!
highly recommanded
will visit again for sure
the stairs are a bit noisy after midnight
overall it's a good motel

Room tip: quiet, affordable, convenience location
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard L
Reviewed 5 May 2016

Coming out to Portland was a spontaneous get away for the night. I was visiting friends near Reed College and did not want to stay down town or near the airport. This guesthouse was in a perfect location. It was very convenient to make a reservation on-line. Instructions are sent to you via email regarding front door entry and where your room is located. Rooms were clean and very comfortable. I enjoyed my stay very much. One of the reasons I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 is this was my first visit. For the first visit it is always nice to be greeted and have someone available to ask questions to about what was nearby. However, I still wouldn't pull a star away for that, but my main complaint was parking. Like I mentioned first time arrival trying to find parking on a busy street and not knowing exactly where to go was a bit inconvenient. Outside of that the place was quaint. The pictures are exactly what the rooms look like. I would recommend the stay.

Date of stay: April 2016