All reviews division street other guests gabriel garcia marquez fresh bagels two nights claw foot continental breakfast is within walking distance few blocks hawthorne neighborhood privacy district laundry repair pdx
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

We absolutely loved everything about our stay. The bed was super comfortable the room was equipped with a desk and a night stand there was a closet with hangers if you wanted to hang up your clothes. We stayed for three nights. Every one who was staying there was extremely pleasant and friendly. The continental featured a wide selection of pastries bagels yoghurt and fruit all of which were really tasty. The area was fabulous there were lots of shops and restaurants within walking distance and just a short bus ride into downtown or a long walk for those that are ambitious. The only downside was that our room was in the basement and we had to go to the first floor to use the washroom which for us was really minor.

Stayed: July 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 June 2016

quiet, affordable, convenience location. best value for the money.
The restaurant near by is very very good!
highly recommanded
will visit again for sure
the stairs are a bit noisy after midnight
overall it's a good motel

Room Tip: quiet, affordable, convenience location
  • Stayed: May 2016, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard L
Reviewed 5 May 2016

Coming out to Portland was a spontaneous get away for the night. I was visiting friends near Reed College and did not want to stay down town or near the airport. This guesthouse was in a perfect location. It was very convenient to make a reservation on-line. Instructions are sent to you via email regarding front door entry and where your room is located. Rooms were clean and very comfortable. I enjoyed my stay very much. One of the reasons I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 is this was my first visit. For the first visit it is always nice to be greeted and have someone available to ask questions to about what was nearby. However, I still wouldn't pull a star away for that, but my main complaint was parking. Like I mentioned first time arrival trying to find parking on a busy street and not knowing exactly where to go was a bit inconvenient. Outside of that the place was quaint. The pictures are exactly what the rooms look like. I would recommend the stay.

• Stayed: April 2016, travelled solo
1  Thank marianastario
Reviewed 18 March 2016

We stayed 3 nights here in the Beverly Cleary room. Loved our room and the location was convenient to my workshop I was attending. However, the parking was not easy. Very little parking nearby but the website said there was convenient and free street parking. I'm disabled (use a cane) so it was rough for me having to walk so far to my car nearly a block away. The Guesthouse was very cozy and great atmosphere but on our 2nd night an older couple checked in and basically took over the kitchen (5-7p cooking the most AWFUL smelling food). The entire house smelled of the wretched stench, even my clothes in my suitcase and the smell kept us up past midnight! Also said couple monopolized the common areas, reading aloud in very LOUD voices and playing the guitar downstairs late into the night and I had to rise early for the workshop. We almost asked for a refund, but the next day they must have checked out so we stayed and the last 2 nights there were awesome!!! Would stay again if I have another workshop in the area.

Room Tip: Conveniently located to walk to very trendy eating establishments.
  • Stayed: March 2016, travelled on business
1  Thank Kaylene S
Reviewed 9 July 2015

For the cost, you can't beat this location and amenities. The Ken Kesey room is especially nice as it is off to itself in the back and very quiet. Everything is clean and well maintained, and as a bonus the AC kept up with the 100 degree hot-spell we experienced.

Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple