All reviews division street other guests gabriel garcia marquez cotton robes fresh bagels two nights claw foot continental breakfast is within walking distance few blocks hawthorne neighborhood privacy district laundry repair closet
Reviewed 1 June 2016

quiet, affordable, convenience location. best value for the money.
The restaurant near by is very very good!
highly recommanded
will visit again for sure
the stairs are a bit noisy after midnight
overall it's a good motel

Room tip: quiet, affordable, convenience location
Date of stay: May 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard L
Reviewed 5 May 2016

Coming out to Portland was a spontaneous get away for the night. I was visiting friends near Reed College and did not want to stay down town or near the airport. This guesthouse was in a perfect location. It was very convenient to make a reservation on-line. Instructions are sent to you via email regarding front door entry and where your room is located. Rooms were clean and very comfortable. I enjoyed my stay very much. One of the reasons I gave it a 4 instead of a 5 is this was my first visit. For the first visit it is always nice to be greeted and have someone available to ask questions to about what was nearby. However, I still wouldn't pull a star away for that, but my main complaint was parking. Like I mentioned first time arrival trying to find parking on a busy street and not knowing exactly where to go was a bit inconvenient. Outside of that the place was quaint. The pictures are exactly what the rooms look like. I would recommend the stay.

Date of stay: April 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank marianastario
Reviewed 18 March 2016

We stayed 3 nights here in the Beverly Cleary room. Loved our room and the location was convenient to my workshop I was attending. However, the parking was not easy. Very little parking nearby but the website said there was convenient and free street parking. I'm disabled (use a cane) so it was rough for me having to walk so far to my car nearly a block away. The Guesthouse was very cozy and great atmosphere but on our 2nd night an older couple checked in and basically took over the kitchen (5-7p cooking the most AWFUL smelling food). The entire house smelled of the wretched stench, even my clothes in my suitcase and the smell kept us up past midnight! Also said couple monopolized the common areas, reading aloud in very LOUD voices and playing the guitar downstairs late into the night and I had to rise early for the workshop. We almost asked for a refund, but the next day they must have checked out so we stayed and the last 2 nights there were awesome!!! Would stay again if I have another workshop in the area.

Room tip: Conveniently located to walk to very trendy eating establishments.
Date of stay: March 2016
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
1  Thank Kaylene S
Reviewed 9 July 2015

For the cost, you can't beat this location and amenities. The Ken Kesey room is especially nice as it is off to itself in the back and very quiet. Everything is clean and well maintained, and as a bonus the AC kept up with the 100 degree hot-spell we experienced.

Date of stay: July 2015
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 June 2015 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights and had a lovely time. The house is gorgeous and clean and the 'serve yourself' breakfast is very generous.

The location is perfect. Plenty of quality places to eat nearby and possibly one of the prettiest and most interesting areas of Portland that we saw.

We had a lot of privacy but also had the opportunity to meet other guests over breakfast or in the communal lounge area.

Date of stay: June 2015