““IMPOSSIBLE” veggie Burger!!!”

Island Cafe
Ranked #52 of 4,630 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Just dined in on the water front with a girlfriend of mine - the view is WORTH IT! Go when there’s decent weather out & during off hours. Great virgin drinks, the IMPOSSIBLE burger has the taste and texture of real meat, and their gooey brownie ice cream dessert is RICH and ooey gooey!!! Great crispy fries, too :) Totally worth the price, after tip ($55 for two people for lunch)

Reviewed 14 June 2018

Wife and I had dinner - Soft Tacos and Mango Chicken Bowl. Both were very good. This is a neat spot right on the water. I'd like to return on a warmer day and later in the evening - I imagine it's a hoppin' place.

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

Unfortunately we couldn't sit on patio because of the rain. We had good halubut fish and chips. Not greasy and nice and crisp too. Beers on tap were good too.

Reviewed 31 May 2018

This was our very first trip to Portland - my husband and I were celebrating our 46th anniversary. We live on the Coast of NC where we can get fresh seafood at its best. So, when we read how awesome Island Cafe was, we decided to walk there from where we were staying (Red Lion Hotel). We planned our arrival around 11:30 am, shortly after they opened and got a fab table overlooking the river. Our server, Ceara, was super nice, friendly, provided menu advice - made us feel right at home. My husband and I started out with a cup of clam chowder - oh my goodness, it was delicious! Then we had the halibut which was so fresh and wonderful. Hard to get fresh-caught halibut in NC. Even though we weren't hungry by that point, we decided to try the key lime pie, at Ceara's suggestion. And trust me, we've had key lime pie many times in our travels, even Key Largo, but this was definitely one of the very best we've had. Yummy, yummy, yummy on all accounts. Delicious food, beautiful view and excellent service, a combo hard to beat. It was definitely worth the 30 minute walk to the restaurant from our hotel and worth the trip from NC. Highly recommend!!

1  Thank GininNC
Reviewed 25 May 2018 via mobile

Located on the channel and only open in the good weather months, April - Oct. Indoor and outdoor seating. Outdoor seating is nicely covered if you want shade. There was a wait when we there for lunch but the have a good seating area to sit and you can get a drink from the bar and sit there. They are efficient and will seat you a.s.a.p. The owners seem to be there most of the time and everything runs great. I think everything is good but we can't get away from the fresh halibut fish and chips! Drink quality is great and service is excellent. Love the setting and wish we cold go more often.

Been to Island Cafe? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK