“An awesome experience!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Portland Spirit
Ranked #746 of 4,237 Restaurants in Portland
Cuisines: American
Good for: Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Description: The Portland Spirit has two luxurious enclosed decks that seat 340 guests plus an outer deck. Your dining experience includes fresh Northwest cuisine, superb service, and beautiful views of Portland's skyline.
Vancouver, Washington
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An awesome experience!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 March 2012

First off, I have no idea where these bad reviewers got their experience- it had to be a different cruise. I went on the Portland Spirit for a Saturday night dinner and had one of (if not THE) best dinner experiences I've ever had in Portland. Maybe its because I don't get to take my fiance out every weekend and enjoy when I do, but I think it had more to do with the experience.
I decided to to do a very special moment on this night at dinner, propose to my girlfriend. I was in contact with the staff and captain for weeks leading up to my trip and they couldnt have been more helpful! I could tell they really cared about my dinner and put a lot of effort towards it turning out perfect, which it basically did.
The setting is very nice, and appropriate for semi-casual or even very formal. The views and experience of go up the river at sunset was amazing! And then there was the food- My fiance and I couldn't remember the last time we had such tasteful and quality food! The food was some of the best I've had in a looong time. And the cheesecake dessert was by far better than any 'Cheesecake Factory' dessert I've ever had!
Then there's the staff, made the whole night pleasant. Very easy to talk to, joke with, when OUT OF THEIR WAY to make sure everything turned out right on this night.
If you request a song, like I did, they actually memorize the song and sing it to you right their, and they all have been specially trained with great voices.
I later asked my then girlfriend if she had any idea I was going to propose she said, "well it could not have gone more perfect up to then with the service, river view and food, I was hoping you would, it would have made the night perfect!". I think this sums up our experience. Thank you Portland Spirit staff again! We will definitely recommend to friends and we WILL be back!

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Sam L
Portland S, Public Relations Manager at Portland Spirit, responded to this review, 28 March 2012
Hi Sam -

Thanks so much for posting your review on Trip Advisor as well! We really appreciate the kind words and are so happy your special evening went so well! We look forward to having you and your fiance on board again!

Kristen Baxter
Director of Marketing
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Beaverton, OR
“Did Not Meet Expectations”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2012

Another reviewer wrote that the only good thing about the dinner cruise was being out on the river. That about sums it up for me.

The food was decent, but probably not even good. The ambience on the ship was very dated and just seemed kind of cheap. The server was friendly, though, which helped. All I can say is I don't recommend it for a romantic dinner cruise, unless you're not particular about food or the feel of the interior (or exterior) of the ship. I won't return and don't recommend it. Sorry!

• Visited August 2011
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Portland S, Public Relations Manager at Portland Spirit, responded to this review, 3 March 2012
Thank you very much for taking the time to give your feedback from your experience on board with us and I apologize that it did not meet your expectations. I would like to get some more information from you so I can pass your concerns to the appropriate people. Would you let me know what cruise you were on with us? I also wondered what entree selection you chose, so I may pass your food concerns on to our chef. And finally can you let me know a little more specificially what you thought was dated about the ship? We are currently doing some upgrades and would love to add your thoughts. Thanks again for the feedback and hopefully we will have an opportunity to get you on board again and meet your expectations!

Kristen Baxter
Director of Marketing
Portland, Oregon
“Wonderful Time”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2012

The trip was amazing. Comedy and magic was so much fun. We had a wonderful dinner.
Service was perfect. Staff was very helpful. The photographer was great too. We will go again.

• Visited February 2012
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Portland S, Public Relations Manager at Portland Spirit, responded to this review, 24 February 2012
Thanks so much for the kind words. We are having a blast with this new show, so we are thrilled to hear you had such a wonderful time!
Las Vegas, Nevada
“A Romantic and Entertaining Cruise”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

Pleasant atmosphere and friendly service. We upgraded to the "Romance Package" which included a free picture, bottle of Champagne and a premium dessert. Well worth the cost. The portions of food for dinner were bigger than imagined. Quit good too. After dinner we spent the remainder of the cruise on the deck enjoying the sites and listening to the captains jokes. The only issue we had was it was difficult to find the pier.

• Visited September 2011
2 Thank Matt D
Los Angeles, California
“not very good”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 October 2011

i was very disapointed with the restaurant but i have to admit, the staff was very nice. i dont eat meat and they had nothing for me. add more vegetarian options! thanks guys

• Visited February 2011