“A Memorial Day Dinner”

Salty's On The Columbia River
Reserve with OpenTable
Salty's On The Columbia River is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #93 of 4,624 Restaurants in Portland
Price range: US$ 21 - US$ 40
Good for: Business meetings, View, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Transit: Airport, James Gleason Boat Ramp
Description: The best seafood and steak restaurant in Portland isn't downtown, it's on the Columbia River.
Reviewed 29 May 2018

My wife and I went to Salty's for an early Memorial Day Dinner. The sun was shinning and there were sail boats of the Columbia River. We shared a bottle of German Riesling. My wife started with a cup of chowder and I started with a Caesar salad. For the main course, my wife had salmon from Oregon while I chose the salmon from Alaska. The view is one of the best in Portland. The food was good but the prices were high.

Reviewed 28 May 2018

Salty's is in an enviable location overlooking the Columbia River. The scenery is unbeatable, the service is outstanding, and the food is expertly prepared, well-presented, and tasteful. What is the drawback? It is the prices. We were shocked at what was being charged for the menu items. Everything was a la carte, and even so, the entree prices reached the $60 range. If you can afford it, this is a great place. But it's not for the every day meal.

1  Thank therman1936
Reviewed 19 May 2018 via mobile

Four of us went to dinner here yesterday. Love the atmosphere. It's a lively place on the river with outdoor seating which we enjoyed. The menu is extensive BUT the prices are pretty high. All items seemed priced higher than I found comfortable but the food was good perhaps not at the level that justified the prices. We didn't complain or let the prices impact our nice meal. The halibut I had was fixed nicely and the sides were excellent. The wine was very good and seemed fairly priced and there was a good pour. I believe we all enjoyed the place but as i said this place is expensive.

1  Thank James R
Reviewed 17 May 2018 via mobile

The view is great and the food was good. Not worth the wait!!! Wine list is good. Will not come back!!!

Reviewed 16 May 2018

Luxurious restaurant on the south bank of the Columbia, just west of Portland airport. Outstanding food with ingredients of the highest quality. Pretty waitresses. Very expensive, but worth it for a big occasion