Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Booking.com$116
Hotels.com$116
Priceline$116
Travelocity$116
Agoda.com$116
Trip.com$143
All reviews public transportation location was perfect downtown area streetcar upgrades
Selected filters
Reviewed 14 September 2021

My son and I took the Amtrak Empire Builder to Portland. I mention this because- this is a great hotel to stay at if you take the train. There is plenty of public transportation to get around and to the hotel. It is set away from the downtown area that seems a little sketchy. It was very clean and a nice location near the PSU campus.

I have not stayed in an Econolodge in some time, so I wasn't sure what to expect. This hotel was very clean, the staff was very kind- letting us check in a bit early to shower and clean up after 2 days on the train.

I really like how the floors are laminate not old dirty carpet. This hotel has had some upgrades and it shows.

Definitely recommend this to visitors of Portland and especially those taking the train who want a safe, clean nice stop over.

Date of stay: August 2021
1  Thank peacewiththeuniverse
Reviewed 21 February 2021

Late at night check in, the night staff guy was super nice, friendly, and courteous the rate was good and the room clean and completely unexpected to how nice it was! So glad we picked this spot and will now be the hotel when I come back through... only down side is the parking lot is a little small and kinda sketchy but he let me park in the back so I could back into it to tuck it out of the way! Again probably the best service I’ve had from any hotel staff member!!!!

Date of stay: February 2021
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2019

Not fancy on the outside but the inside upgrades are great. Love the new “wood”like floors, comfortable beds, refrigerator and big rooms. Food trucks, Portland State and streetcar are all nearby so you can get anywhere in the city easily. I will ne back!

Date of stay: May 2019
Reviewed 7 October 2019

Cleaning left a bit to be desired (seen worse but I have also see a lot better) Beds looked good even felt nice at first but it was really rough sleeping on it. 4 days almost to long and the breakfast was okay the first day or two but nothing changed. The in room coffee was not good at all but the coffee in the lobby was great. Was charged extra for a safe in the room every day and this was for a safe I did not use or ask for nor did they inform me in advance that it if it was in the room their would be an extra charge. And Portland your room tax it way to high.

Room tip: inner room away from street must be better
Date of stay: October 2019
Rita P, General Manager at Econo Lodge City Center, responded to this reviewResponded 7 October 2019

Hi Paula L,
I am not sure if you have the right property. We are the Econo Lodge City Center by PSU. We do not have a safe in any of our rooms, therefore we would definitely not be adding an extra charge to your bill. I do agree that the Portland taxes are quite high. The city and the state tax ends up being 15.3%.

Reviewed 2 August 2019

We were there for three days, but on one of the days the shower had no hot water. We asked if we could shower in one of the empty rooms and they turned us down, all they offered was that we could check out and find another hotel. The included "breakfast" is a joke, white bread and a few bananas. The room was almost impossible to sleep in; either too hot and stuffy with the A/C off, or too noisy with the A/C on. We ran out of tissues and asked for more but they did not have any. Average bed quality.

Date of stay: July 2019