Motel 6 Portland North
US$ 160
US$ 151
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Clarion Hotel Portland Airport(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$ 125
US$ 108
ClarionHotels
US$ 203
US$ 237
  • Restaurant
See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I just relocated from Los Angeles to Portland and chose to stay at this Motel 6 with my cat until I found an apartment. We stayed there for three weeks and felt very comfortable. The staff was wonderful to me. Always friendly and asking about how things were going for me. The motel is quiet and clean, and even though it is an industrial area - it is actually a very central location due to the easy quick access to Interstate 5. The rooms felt like they had fairly recently been redone. Bedding was new and clean. I would highly recommend this motel to anyone considering staying at a reasonably priced motel in Portland. I am very glad I started out my new life in Portland there!

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Dawn F
Reviewed 4 February 2012

My daughter, her dog, and I stayed here for two nights because the extreme storm that hit her home in Olympia, WA, in late January, 2012, knocked out her power for nearly a week and I was scheduled to fly into Portland for a visit during that week.

When I phoned the hotel directly and asked if my daughter could check in early to get a warm room and hot shower after her extended power outage, they were extremely gracious. I can't say enough good things about their customer service.

That said, this is a Motel 6. You're not getting room service, free breakfast, or a concierge. They give you a clean, warm, and safe place to stay at a reasonable price.

It is about 10 to 15 minutes from the PDX airport. Within walking distance there are Mexican, Asian, and American restaurants,fast food, and a small convenience center. We loved breakfast at Elmer's.The local area is a small enclave close to a race track.

The hotel is a quick jump on I-5 down to the Portland city center or to the east to the Mall on the Gorge and Multnomah Falls

Parking is close. There is an elevator. Free wi-fi that actually let me stream a program. We never had to wait for hot water. Temperature control in the room worked well. Good access to cable tv. Hairdryer not in every room but you can check one out at the front desk. Sound insulation very good.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank 2manydogs
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Everything was clean, the front desk staff very nice and the dog was welcome.
It was a little noisy being on the first floor but those are the pet friendly rooms.

Room Tip: if you need amenities, like a frig or hair dryer, ask them. I didn't have them in my pet friendly room but my friends that had a room on the second floor had a much nicer room.
  • Stayed: December 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank Gemlight
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Once again I overrode my own instincts. I've looked this motel over before and avoided it. This motel 6 is overpriced by far and in a lousy neighborhood. I came here because of the expo close by and I was too tired to look any further. The towels are flossed, the carpet dirty. Because I misplaced my AARP card no discount was given, which is common courtesy at most motels when you mention it; and actually are a senior. There are so many do's and don'ts posted and left on counters that it makes you feel like a criminal or at least think that frequent visitors here must be criminals.! I hate myself for renting a room here and I will not do it again.! Drive a little further, pay less or pay more! In any event you won't lose that way!

Room Tip: Go some place else! Cross the River to Hayden Island and stay at the red Lion; drive east and stay wherever you find something else along the way (which there is)
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
4  Thank vovhund
Reviewed 8 October 2011

This is a newer facility and we found it located very convenient to the airport at a very economical price and it was very secure with a single entry for all guests. The room was very clean and our stay was enjoyable.

I would have given it a five rating, but I prefer to park in front of my room instead of draging all my stuff through a lobby, up an elevator, and then down a hall to the room and then reverse the procedure the next morning, but I have to admit I felt safer with the single entry this motel offered since we were staying in the big city of Portland.

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends