“Left early ...bug bites, noisy and bad service.”

Motel 6 Portland North
Ranked #114 of 141 Hotels in Portland
“Left early ...bug bites, noisy and bad service.”
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I was to stay at Motel 6 for 2 days and ran to check out after spending one very sleepless night in the hotel. Took desk staff over 5 minutes to arrive after pushing button for service...note I arrived at 4 in the afternoon not 4 in the morning and I still had to wiat for someone to come and check me in. I checked out at 5am and still had to wait over 10 minutes for her to arrive.
Had bug bites all over my arms and legs. Immediately went to laundromat and washed everything with bleach and hot water....taking no chances.
Told this to check out desk agent....she just said "oh...I'll refund you for the unused nights stay". Gee...thanks. No sorry, no I'll make sure to have someone contact you. Nope,nada.
Stay away...far far away from this property. Went to Viking Hotel....not Taj Mahal but clean and staff was exceptionally nice.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled on business
4 Thank boopatsea
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Portland, Oregon
Reviewed 14 February 2012

I just relocated from Los Angeles to Portland and chose to stay at this Motel 6 with my cat until I found an apartment. We stayed there for three weeks and felt very comfortable. The staff was wonderful to me. Always friendly and asking about how things were going for me. The motel is quiet and clean, and even though it is an industrial area - it is actually a very central location due to the easy quick access to Interstate 5. The rooms felt like they had fairly recently been redone. Bedding was new and clean. I would highly recommend this motel to anyone considering staying at a reasonably priced motel in Portland. I am very glad I started out my new life in Portland there!

• Stayed February 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Dawn F
Fresno, CA
Reviewed 4 February 2012

My daughter, her dog, and I stayed here for two nights because the extreme storm that hit her home in Olympia, WA, in late January, 2012, knocked out her power for nearly a week and I was scheduled to fly into Portland for a visit during that week.

When I phoned the hotel directly and asked if my daughter could check in early to get a warm room and hot shower after her extended power outage, they were extremely gracious. I can't say enough good things about their customer service.

That said, this is a Motel 6. You're not getting room service, free breakfast, or a concierge. They give you a clean, warm, and safe place to stay at a reasonable price.

It is about 10 to 15 minutes from the PDX airport. Within walking distance there are Mexican, Asian, and American restaurants,fast food, and a small convenience center. We loved breakfast at Elmer's.The local area is a small enclave close to a race track.

The hotel is a quick jump on I-5 down to the Portland city center or to the east to the Mall on the Gorge and Multnomah Falls

Parking is close. There is an elevator. Free wi-fi that actually let me stream a program. We never had to wait for hot water. Temperature control in the room worked well. Good access to cable tv. Hairdryer not in every room but you can check one out at the front desk. Sound insulation very good.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank 2manydogs
Friday Harbor, Washington
Reviewed 5 January 2012

Everything was clean, the front desk staff very nice and the dog was welcome.
It was a little noisy being on the first floor but those are the pet friendly rooms.

Room Tip: if you need amenities, like a frig or hair dryer, ask them. I didn't have them in my pet friendl...
  • Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Gemlight
STEVENSON
Reviewed 4 November 2011

Once again I overrode my own instincts. I've looked this motel over before and avoided it. This motel 6 is overpriced by far and in a lousy neighborhood. I came here because of the expo close by and I was too tired to look any further. The towels are flossed, the carpet dirty. Because I misplaced my AARP card no discount was given, which is common courtesy at most motels when you mention it; and actually are a senior. There are so many do's and don'ts posted and left on counters that it makes you feel like a criminal or at least think that frequent visitors here must be criminals.! I hate myself for renting a room here and I will not do it again.! Drive a little further, pay less or pay more! In any event you won't lose that way!

Room Tip: Go some place else! Cross the River to Hayden Island and stay at the red Lion; drive east and stay...
  • Stayed November 2011, travelled on business