Comfort Inn Portland
Inn at Northrup Station(Portland)
US$ 219
US$ 389
US$ 377
Travelocity
  • Restaurant
All reviewssmall refrigerator and microwavebusy highwaybiscuits and gravyarea hotelseasy accesswould stay here againhard boiled eggsroom was cleanwaffle makeryogurtmax stationhot tublight railminute driveclose to the airportfree wifiking suite
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 7 August 2011

We arrived in Portland without a hotel booking so (ultimately) counted ourselves lucky to book a well-priced room at the Comfort Inn: it was clean, convenient and pretty cheap. But it's a very dated hotel in an unattractive location, so while the hotel was (just) clean and well-maintained enough for our comfort, we stayed just long enough to get a night's sleep...it's not the kind of place you want to linger. If you're looking for a cheap but clean hotel in Portland itself, this is a good option, but it's not a destination.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank awsamuel
Reviewed 25 July 2011

The room was comfortable, spacious, clean. It had everything we look for in a room--including the sink on the outside of the bathroom. It was quiet but still close to the highway. Wish we could have found rooms like this one in each place we stayed.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank travelingfamily31
Reviewed 12 June 2011

Across the road from a light rail station - easy to and from the airport, and into downtown and attractions - half the price of downtown hotels. Clean, spacious, comfortable, a nice breakfast area and friendly staff. Only "complaint" is that their lineup of cable TV stations is the least we've had in a Comfort Inn - no TCM or other alternatives to the usual commercial filled movie channels.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 June 2011

My room was very clean and comfortable and staff were welcoming and efficient at check in. Unfortunately, my room was right above the freeway. Even with earplugs, I got very little sleep.

The other bizarre thing was that at about 9pm, I heard noise at my door. Looking out the peep hole, I saw that a man had removed my "do not disturb" sign and was trying to use a card in the door handle. I assumed he was just on the wrong floor, but he continued to try and I slowly realized something was a little "off" with him. To the credit of the young woman at the front desk, when I called to let her know what was going on, she came up immediately to deal with the situation, which eventually included a call to police when she couldn't get him to leave the building. She called me to say he was a "neighborhood man who appears to be off his medications. He thought he had another night in the hotel."

Room Tip: Rms facing NE Wasco will be quietest
  • Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank LeslieSeattle
Reviewed 18 December 2010

My family and I arrived more than an hour before check in and the clerk checked us in without added fees or hassle with a warm smile on her face that made us feel so welcome. We parked our car in the large covered parking lot and headed straight for the room. After 4 hours in the car with 2 little ones we were so pleased with the spacious and extremely clean space. Every detail was met from the comfortable bed and pillows to the spotless bathroom and it was even decorated nicely (not tacky like you find in most hotels at this price point).

After we got settled in we stopped by the front desk to get some information on what to do in Portland. Again, the clerk was extremely sweet and helpful. She set us up with so many options. She told us about the MAX train, which picks up right outside the hotel, and showed us all the stops that would be of interest for our family and also gave us driving directions to many attractions and restaurants. I felt she would be able to help anyone have the Portland experience they are looking for.

I could see the hotel is not in the "best" neighborhood but I felt assured that we were safe and there were many restaurants within a mile or so. Not to mention we saved at least $100 by not staying in trendy downtown. After a fun, long day playing downtown we came back to the hotel and enjoyed the swimming pool and hot tub that stay open until 11pm. They were also extremely clean and the water temp was perfect. Then to top it off, free fresh-baked cookies were set out for all guests to enjoy.

After a wonderful night's sleep we had a great FREE breakfast with waffles, biscuits and gravy and hard boiled eggs. The value of the breakfast is extreme when you are feeding a family of 4! The rest of our trip was filled with a day in the breathtaking Columbia River Gorge (just 15min from hotel), a tour at OMSI (so much fun for the whole family!) and lots of tax-free shopping at the 3 large malls (also about 15min from hotel). All of the staff seemed just as helpful and sincere. We checked out with big smiles on our faces talking about the next time we get to stay at this Comfort Inn. I would reccommend this place to anyone knowing they will receive the same friendly and helpful service and have a comfortable and fun stay.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled with family