“Very nice experience.”

Comfort Inn & Suites Portland International Airport
Ranked #86 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 26 March 2012

There was nothing wrong with this hotel. It was a great experience from start to finish. T.J. the front desk man was super friendly and quite the professional. He really is a cut above the rest. The room looked to be newly renovated and quite comfortable. The breakfast was awesome, well stocked and an excellent selection. I've seen too many choice hotels where you're scraping for a few crumbs that have been left, not at this hotel! I'll be back!!

Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank HandsumMuscle
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 22 March 2012

I needed this hotel for strictly a bed. I had a very early flight out of PDX the next morning. I checked in and dropped my stuff off and then I went to the airport to return my rental car. I called for the shuttle immediately after dropping my car off. I was extremely irritated to wait 30 minutes for the shuttle to arrive. The shuttle is not well marked and was not timely in the least. The driver was not friendly and then I had to wait extra long while he dropped guests at the Red Lion. A shared shuttle is not ideal in this case. On a side note, my 5am shuttle drive was awesome!

I walked back into the hotel and the receptionist was on the phone yelling. Yep, she was yelling. I had to use the computer to print out my boarding pass and I got to hear, in detail, about the medication she was on, how *#*&$ mad she was at the man in her life, and much more than I ever cared to know. She knew I was in the lobby and did not hesitate to continue to yell. Another guest came to check in and she did not take care of him right away choosing to continue her phone conversation.

I used the fitness center which was adequate. However, it looked out over the pool area and you could not have paid me to dip myself in the yellow water of the hot tub. Yuck!

The hallway was filthy. The carpet hadn't been vacuumed in quite a while. What I thought was a stain turned out to be a gigantic ball of hair that made me gag. There was trash in the hallway and it was evident no staff person had been on the floor in quite some time to clean.

My shower was not clean (a previous guest left his hair in there). As I finally fell into bed I swept what I thought was a crumb away only to discover it was a black bug. I pulled back everything to make sure I wasn't sleeping with any more bugs and I was disgusted at the mattress pad under the sheet. It was filled with hair and extremely unclean. By this time it was late and I was looking at just a few hours of sleep. So I fell into a fitful sleep all the while imagining bugs crawling on me.

Warning, there is a train nearby and if you have your window open at all it is quite loud. It didn't bother me but it's good to know.

Plus sides: the bed was comfortable (ignoring the bugs and hair). The flat screen TV was very nice. I took the 5:15am shuttle and they had a little breakfast treat for guests to take on their way out. That was a very nice added bonus. The morning receptionist was competent and friendly.

I definitely would not purposely stay here again. I'm not overly picky but things like lack of cleanliness will get a bad review from me every single time.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Merdog
Reviewed 8 March 2012

Large rooms, and well appointed - flat screen tvs, king size bed, and a sitting area. Really close to the airport for those east coast travelers getting in at midnight!

• Stayed: March 2012
Reviewed 6 March 2012

I stayed here for a night before departing Portland. It's relatively close to the airport. No frills here, simple hotel. It was clean and appeared to be up to date. Nothing special with the breakfast... normal Comfort Inn Breakfast... so good to start the day.

I honestly was not impressed with the location. It was dark and seemed to be more industrial. So if this is something you don't care for, I'd find somewhere else. There is a nice Comfort Suites not far in a more developed area. However if looking for a no-frills relatively cheap experience this place will do.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 March 2012

Had a crazy flying day and wasn't planning on spending the night in Portland. Tried to find a hotel w/breakfast, a good rate, airport shuttle, and near airport. This is an A+ hotel. I was unable to get to breakfast to catch an early flight, and the hotel staff took care of everything for me. Rate was fabulous, room was fabulous, staf was awesome. Need a place to stay in Portland? This is the hotel of choice!

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled solo
Travellers also viewed these Portland hotels
1.7 km away
Best Western Pony Soldier Inn - Airport
1.3 km away
Candlewood Suites - Portland Airport
1.5 km away
Holiday Inn Portland Airport (I-205)

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites Portland International Airport? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK