All reviews portland airport shuttle service business travel next morning nice hotel rental car an early morning flight clean rooms fitness center would stay here again cascade station top floor nice stay convenient location front desk staff hgi lobby
Reviewed 14 September 2017 via mobile

I like the location of this hotel better than others closer to the airport because you don't have airport noise. The sleep quality is considerably better yet still in close proximity to the Portland airport. The hotel is currently under renovation so you have to be willing to have some sort of disruption.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 15 September 2017

Thank you for submitting your review. I am glad that you found our hotel to suit your needs. Thank you for staying with us!

Reviewed 13 September 2017

The rooms were comfortable and all the desk staff were exceptionally considerate and accommodating. We had to leave to catch a flight before the breakfast was officially open but they gave us the opportunity to have any cold items that were out on a complimentary basis.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn

Thank you so much for your review. I hope that you will consider staying with us again next time you are in Portland!

Reviewed 10 September 2017 via mobile

It may only have been my room but the fridge drove me crazy. And the next day the trash was collected VERY early in the morning. The only thing in a hotel that i need is good sleep and this time it did not work out. This can all be easily improved, so pls do that.

Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business
1  Thank reviewatitsbest
HGI01, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Portland Airport, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2017

Thank you for your review and for your suggestions. The garbage is normally collected at a more reasonable time, but occasionally they do come a little bit earlier than usual. I apologize for that. Thank you for staying with us and we hope that you will choose to stay with us again.

Reviewed 9 September 2017

Convenient location near the airport, not too much commercial aircraft noise but, be warned - several times a day you will be rattled by Military Jets screaming overhead. In my 3 night stay I was witness to this 6 times and I was gone most of the time (room 334).
Nice clean hotel, rooms are comfortable and it is an easy walk to fast food. I was a little disappointed by the "Bar", not much more than a picnic table with liquor, kind of silly. Staff was nice but nothing exceptional say for housekeeping - very nice housekeeping staff.
Traffic noise on the front side of the property is pretty bad so definitely book a room to the back of the building.

Room Tip: A/C units are loud, traffic at front of property is loud.
  • Stayed: September 2017, travelled on business

Thank you for your review. We were among one of the first Hilton Garden's Inn built and we were built without a bar. Down the line they changed the prototype to include a bar and the earlier versions were remodeled to include the chef table as a bar. I also wish that we had more of a bar and hopefully down the line we will make some more changes to this. I do appreciate you choosing to stay with us!

Reviewed 9 September 2017

If you are looking for a good hotel that lives up to the Hilton brand, then this hotel should be avoided. This hotel shows its age, and the owners have not spent money to improve even the basic amenities: like beds and AC. I had the misfortune to be initially put in one of the rooms that had no refirb (they are doing one A MONTH). Saggy bed, and AC unit that broke on Portland's hottest day. The room we were moved to was fine. The staff tries hard, but the apparent worn nature of the hotel (AC units, beds, other) and the bare minimum staffing levels (i.e. on server at breakfast, who also helps with the preparation of food AND dish-washing) make this a bad example of the Hilton brand. Hilton HQ really needs to look at this property.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
1  Thank James C

Thank you for your review. We are constantly working to improve and upgrade our hotel. During your stay and the month before we replaced all the carpet in the corridors and the wallpaper. Six months ago we replaced all the guestroom carpet. We do currently have the brand standard Hilton adjustable beds in half of our rooms and the other with the Serta Sleeper beds. Some of our guests love the adjustable beds and some do not. I also apologize about the AC unit. We, as other hotels, go through this every year with the weather change. We are also changing out these units.
I hope that you continue to frequent the Hilton brand!