“Stayed here for the Portland Marathon and loved it”
Review of Paramount Hotel

Paramount Hotel
Ranked #9 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 13 October 2017

It was close to the marathon and also many of the attractions in town. I hardly ever eat in a hotel but would recommend "The Swine" for happy hour. The staff were very friendly, every time we walked up to the hotel some opened the door for us, the rooms were clean and quiet. I very rarely recommend hotels but would for this one. Not sure what the price is as we booked using airlines miles but it was a great stay. I think hotel valet car parking is expensive but we didn't hire the car until we left.

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.

Reviewed 11 October 2017

This hotel has a nice downtown location, which is great for walking around, but not great for parking...You can pay to have valet, in-and-out service, but in the future, I would probably stay out of downtown so that I can access my car myself. The staff is very friendly and hospitable, there are refreshments in the lobby-my husband loved the lemon/cucumber water, and the rooms are very nice. We were able to walk from the hotel to Voodoo Donuts, the food truck area, and take in the Portland nightlife.

• Stayed: May 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 October 2017

The Paramount is a lovely, modern hotel near the Portland Art Museum and Pioneer Place. The staff is friendly, helpful, and professional. (For example, our concierge James explained changes in airport shuttle service and gave us excellent advice about getting to the airport.) Our room was well-furnished and comfortable; the bed was perfect! The Paramount has two restaurants: Swank and Swine. As the name suggests, Swine is a noisy, boisterous bar with excellent food while Swank offers fine dining at night.

• Stayed: September 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2017 via mobile

Only stayed one night but it was a great location and beautiful hotel. The bed was very comfy! Had a small balcony facing sidestreet- which I would trade up to a room with a better view. They kept my luggage after checkout so I was free to explore the city. Swank breakfast was delicious!

Stayed: September 2017, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 September 2017 via mobile

The Paramount Hotel is in a premium location, and rates are reasonable. The property is nostalgic hospitable. My only complaint is when I chose to pay $200+ dollars per night ... I expect to not hear the air conditioning unit turn on and off all night.

Stayed: September 2017