Open today: Closed
Book In Advance
Tours from Forktown Food Tours tend to sell out - travellers recommend booking in advance!

Ways to Experience Forktown Food Tours
from US$ 89.00
from US$ 85.00
from US$ 65.00
from US$ 89.00
More Info
All reviews north mississippi food scene come hungry division street market tour verde cocina walking food tour bring your appetite great guide ice cream sandwich wonderful afternoon local history drinking chocolate farmers market visiting portland would highly recommend this tour portland area
Reviewed 31 August 2015

this tour is the perfect way to see several areas of Portland and experience some unknown facts. our guide Ariel knows her stuff and shares her knowledge in a fun and informative style. group size was perfect food was tasty. we are telling our friends go to Portland and do he Fork City Tour early in the visit.

Reviewed 30 August 2015

We did the Downtown Portland & Pearl District Tour and had a great time. The guide was very knowledgeable about all of the stops, local attractions and had good suggestions all around. You have just enough food at each stop not to be too stuffed at the end and if you really like a place (like we did) you can always circle back after the tour. Very good for getting to know your way around, I would suggest this tour on the front end of your stay! Enjoy!!

Date of experience: June 2015
1  Thank RomeBNS
Reviewed 29 August 2015

My two foodie friends and I signed up for this tour during a first-time visit to Portland in February of this year. We had heard so much about how wonderful of a foodie city Portland was and since we were only in town for a weekend, we truly wanted to make the most of our time there as far was the food was concerned.

Given the excellent reviews we had read about Forktown Food Tours and the wide variety of neighbourhoods their tours covered- we were excited to join their Alphabet District Food Tour led by Kelsie the day after we arrived.

I have been on many food tours and always make them a priority when I travel- and this was is certainly at the absolute top of the list. Kelsie, the guide, was professional, well prepared, funny (very funny) and mind-blowingly knowledgeable about anything and everything food and drink Portland. It was a treat to spend 3 hours with her and we all felt so entertained and well informed by the time our tour came to a close.

With Portland's foodie scene being as sophisticated as it is (but not pretentious or inaccessible) in any way- we knew that the foods we would try would be tasty. From the best reuben sandwich EVER, to local Portland root beer, french bakery treats, local produce gathered from just miles away and a guided tour of one of the city's many in-town distilleries- we were in a culinary heaven.

There is lots of food on the tour so come with a full appetite in tact and pace yourself throughout. The route and succession of tour stops is tasteful and very well planned with just the right amount of sweet and savoury, light and substantial, etc. The tour concluded an artisan chocolate, bitters and salt store called the MEADOW and I couldn't believe how many different types of chocolate from around the world (and throughout the US) they had stocked- what a delight to spend time in that place!

Also- I think it is worth noting that although I don't drink alcohol, at each drink tasting, they provided delicious non-alcoholic alternatives for me so I never felt like I was missing out.

Unfortunately, I had to get some work down later in the trip so I could not join my two friends when they returned for a second Forktown Food Tour a few days later- returning to our hotel with even more yummy foodie memories to hold on to.

This tour is highly recommended for anyone curious about Portland as a city and eager to learn the local take on an outstanding foodie city. Don't miss this!!

Date of experience: February 2015
Reviewed 17 August 2015

Everyone in our party of 8 enjoyed themselves on this tour. The tour company warns you to come hungry, but after taking a lot of food tours in other cities where the food is not that plentiful we did not heed this warning. Our mistake, the food never stopped coming. Not only was there plenty of food it all was delicious and gave you a good sampling of what Portland offers. Not only be prepared to eat a lot you also cover a lot of ground. The walking is manageable but for older folks it is tiring. Also on a hot day it could be challenging. Our tour guide was knowledgeable, energetic, and quick on her feet. One of the places we were suppose to go was unexpectedly closed and within minutes she had an alternative plan. This was one of the better food tours we have been on and DO come hungry!

1  Thank PlanoTexasgirl
Reviewed 14 August 2015

We had a great time as a group walking around the street sampling food and drink. The owner joined us on the tour as well. Both the owner and the guide were really knowledgeable about the area, the restaurants and very enthusiastic. They also provided us with restaurant recommendations according to where we had put up to stay. Thank you for the recommendation of where to eat in Eugene... turned out to be worth the visit!

Only one comment would be that we expected to be doing a lot more walking around the neighborhood for 2 hours

We had a great group with us as well and everyone got along well. The tour guide and owner really made everyone feel welcome and broke the ice well. `will definitely book again