Residence Inn Portland Airport at Cascade Station
US$ 160
US$ 151
  • Pool
  • Restaurant
Clarion Hotel Portland Airport(Portland)(Great Value!)
US$ 125
Paramount Hotel(Portland)
US$ 206
Priceline
  • Restaurant
All reviewslight railtarget storestudio suiteportland airportfull kitchenbasketball courtmax stationmarriott brandliving areafire pitrental carindoor poolthe shuttle driveryogurtcomplimentary shuttlecomplimentary breakfastfree parking
Reviewed 8 April 2012

We stayed at this property for a long weekend in late March, and found a lot to like about the hotel itself. The room was beautiful, well laid out and spacious. Comfortable king bed, with lots of pillows. Furniture in the seating area was nice, contemporary but comfy; the kitchen had full sized appliances and looked great, even though we didn't use it much. Flat screen TV that swivels to be viewed from any area. The bathroom was fine, nothing fancy, but nice cabinets; the room had lots of storage here and in all other areas.

The location of this hotel is near the airport, but also convenient to freeways and extremely close to light rail...it's in the parking lot! There is a shopping area very close, with Ikea, Home Goods, as well as a few restaurants.

Breakfast was included, and it was fine. Pretty typical hotel offerings: eggs, breakfast meats, waffles, yogurt, cereals. The breakfast area adjoins the lobby and both areas are as nicely appointed and comfortable as the room.

So! Why am I not giving this hotel a higher rating? I read some reviews that commented on the staff's lack of consideration and failure to make a good impression. Figured everyone has an off day, and booked anyway. I'm not sure I would do it again, and I guess the blame needs to go to the general manager. We experienced slow and inattentive service at the front desk, had problems with housekeeping on two days of our three day stay, and witnessed some shoddy customer service interactions between the staff and several other guests. The manager's office is quite near the front desk, and he can most certainly hear the desk clerk's rude snippy exchanges with guests. I wonder why he hasn't taken action to correct the situation? Oh, that's right...our parting memory of this hotel was being ignored at the front desk by the manager himself. He's part of the problem!

It would be interesting to hear glowing reviews about this place in a few months...I hope someone with some authority steps in and fixes things here before it's too late. The hotel has too much going for it to allow a badly trained staff to ruin it.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank joleenn453
Reviewed 27 March 2012

We really loved having this hotel as a home base. We met my parents here for a pre-Christmas get-together. They had a one bedroom suite on the first floor which was an excellent corner unit. We had a studio suite down the hall at first, but after the first night we requested to be transferred because the carpets had just been cleaned and so the room smelled of chemicals. Once we brought this to the attendants attention, he switched us quickly. (This is the only reason I'm not giving this property 5 stars)

The best part about the hotel is that it's at a train stop. (Note: even though the name of the hotel is "Cascade Station", the train stop you'll want to use is Mt. Hood, not Cascade Station. Mt Hood is one stop from the Airport). We rode the train into Portland one day and explored via public transportation. For us small city folk that was pretty fun (and convenient, as I hate Portland traffic). There are also quite a few good restaurants one stop down (at Cascade Station).

Target is also right next door (shares the same parking lot), which was convenient to buy baby supplies (our daughter was 1), wine, and other little necessities. They also keep ice cream and other snacks on hand near the front desk.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 20 March 2012

I stay at this property when traveling to Portland because of its close proximity to the airport and easy access to the MAX light rail system. You have a choice between calling the hotel for a free three-minute shuttle ride from the airport or riding MAX one stop to the parking lot of the hotel. For those who want to visit downtown Portland, the location of this hotel and its proximity to public transit prevents you from having to rent a car. And, the hotel itself is modern and clean. The rooms are spacious, come with free wifi and have full kitchen for your convenience. Shopping of all types is very nearby. This place has become my favorite Portland-area hotel and I think you, too, will be favorably impressed!!

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Traveler66
Reviewed 9 March 2012

We stayed here transiting out of PDX as it was was close to the airport. We arranged a shuttle for airport pickup and was told conflicting instructions and timing on the shuttle. We were told initially to call immediately when we land and proceed to to pickup area. When we called upon landing the male clerk told us that we were calling way too early as it takes just a few minutes to reach the pickup point and to call back after we get our bags. When we called back after picking up our bags (just inside the pickup area) a different clerk told us that now it would take up to 15 mins for pickup at this point. Not nice as it was in the 30's outside and we had some toddlers and seniors in our group. I had to make a third call in the cold after about 25 mins and the shuttle arrived finally more than 30 mins. When I questioned the driver he was defensive and full of excuses, and when I asked if he was the person I spoke to initially on the phone he said no he was just the driver. When we reached the hotel and spoke to the clerk inside to complain she said that the driver was indeed the one who took the first call and gave us the inital instructions. The be fair the rooms were clean and decent size but will not be staying here anymore as there seems to be no integrity, honesty, or professionalism at this residence inn.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
6  Thank aeternam
Reviewed 6 March 2012

My husband , son and I travel to a competition in Portland once a year. We always have an early morning departing flight and have stayed at this motel every year. Always courteous and friendly and dinner recommendations have always been terrific from the staff. The rooms are comfortable and well decorated. I am a light sleeper and never noticed any noise form the airport - all in all an enjoyable stay.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with family