“BEDBUGS” 1 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #29 of 35 Portland B&B and Inns
san francisco
“BEDBUGS”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

DO NOT STAY HERE BEDBUGS are rapid!
my family and I left and just contacted the health department

• Stayed August 2011, travelled on business
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
14 Thank tori c
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Vancouver BC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2011

From walking into the neighbourhood from the train station we realized that we were in the WRONG part of town. Everything is run down and unkept. Poor, mentally ill and drug users everywhere.
In talking to our taxi driver that same night to drive us back after having dinner, he stated that he doesn't drive to that part of town after midnight! He's too scared.
The front desk as a joke. The caretaker lives behind the counter and is wheelchair bound. Her suite looked like a health code violation in itself. She had to call someone else to check us in who had never used the front counter before. There were people staying there however in this converted motel however they LIVED THERE full-time! These people were mentally ill, special needs and current or former drug addicts. We saw drug deals going on outside our room!
THE ROOM WAS DISGUSTING! We would've left and lost our payment however it was the long weekend and everything was booked. Dirty floors, walls, dust caked fan blades, bathroom from a horror movie and flies buzzing around.
I HAVE NO IDEA HOW I WENT WRONG~ DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE!!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
16 Thank 10-62

Travellers are raving about these Portland hotels

Washington DC, District of Columbia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 August 2010

I was truly concerned with this hotel - as an example - the taxi driver who left me asked if I thought I would be ok. The service was non-existent, no room service for a 4-day stay, cleanliness - no comment, noise level high ( evictions and unhappy clients) when I checked in - after waiting 7 minutes for someone to arrive - I was yelled at for ringing the bell, I was informed there were no refunds but I had to pay before I saw the room. I was very jetlagged, so should have figured right then things were not good but... I f you have a modicum of survival - please do not subject yourself to this nightmare

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
15 Thank Fiona068
Portland, OR
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2010

We stayed here with my 3 year old son while we were waiting to move into our new house. It was a nightmare. The bathrooms looked like something from a horror movie, Saw, maybe? The place was dirty dirty dirty. The people across the way were dealing drugs, I could hear fighting all night, and it's riddled with bedbugs. We started getting these red itchy bumps. At first I thought we were breaking out, until maybe 4 mornings after staying, I actually saw one of the bugs crawling off me, and we never even removed the blankets/sheets! We used our own. I went crazy, went and talked to my new landlord and got us the [--] out of there! There are cigarrette burns in the blankets and pillows, prolly from someone nodding off after shooting up. We found diabeted test strips behind the side table. Absolutely disgusting. Do not stay here!

• Stayed November 2009, travelled with family
15 Thank thambl
san Francisco
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 January 2010

$50/night in hell. The heater was broken and no one was around to fix it or even tell. They apparently only have one blanket and have to warsh it before they give it to you (if they remember).

If you book an night online through a Priceline-type site, they won't charge your card till you get there because they're so cheap (the fees would be too high to use their cc machine).

Roxie seems nice until you ask for something and then she yells you're stealing money from a cripple (her). She'll tell you the room you're getting is the nicest they have and that it was redone in February of 2009.

The room didn't have a closet. The bathroom was dirty with archaic plumbing and the toilet paper roll affixed to a 2x4 on the wall. The faucet sprayed everywhere and wouldn't stay on. There was a very thin bedspread that had cigarette burns and stains and the bed had 2 thin sheets.The pillows were almost non-existent and had hair all over them. Hardwood floors, no ceiling, only one tiny light bulb in the entire room worked. There was a fridge and a microwave that could not be used at the same time and the fridge smelled like mildew.

• Stayed December 2009, travelled as a couple