1,364 results
All reviews columbia river tennis courts jantzen beach view of the river hayden island dog show flight path large hotel bit dated easy access hotel restaurant pool and hot tub two queen beds portland area airport shuttle light rail conference
Reviewed 15 January 2018

We really enjoy the Red Lion at Jantzen Beach. It's elegant and friendly, with a lovely view of the river. We like to stay here whenever we're in Portland. It's easy to get inside and be in a different world from the busy highway just a few minutes away.

• Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 January 2018

My wife and I were just trying to get away for a night, we were looking for a place near Vancouver WA by where we meeting friends the next day. I had been to a couple conferences at the Red Lion and thought the river view would be nice. Well things did not go as planned. First, got there and it took over 45 minutes to get to the desk to check in, that is how long the line was and only two people working the desk. We checked in, went to our room, the room was nice, that is why this is rated a 2. That was the best part of the experience.

We went to dinner and came back to the room, I immediately heard a loud person on a PA system, I went to the window and noticed an event in the ballroom. The PA was so loud we had to keep turning up our tv to hear it. About 11:10 PM I called the front desk to see when the event was suppose to get over, they said 11 PM, they said it might take time to wind it down so about 11:30 PM everything should be quite. I called a second time at 12:05 PM when it was still going and still loud. They said they would take care of it. Well about 12:30 AM it got quite for about 10 minutes when the diesel trucks showed up to take down the tent(s) which took until after 2 AM. People from the event started showing up in the hall about midnight and were yelling and laughing. You could hear them like they were in the room with you. I called again about 2 AM to complain about the noise and they sent security to get them to go into the rooms instead of the hallway.

The people at the desk did not tell us this event was taking place. When checking out we found out the company had book the "whole hotel" for the event, I asked how did we get a room then and was given the explanation that some people must have cancelled.

Room Tip: check for events, ask for a room on the west side away from the ballroom.
  • Stayed: January 2018, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Mt_Griz
Rod R, Manager at Red Lion Hotel on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 15 January 2018

Mt_Griz -
We truly appreciate you taking a moment to share your experience with us. Guest satisfaction is something we take very seriously at Red Lion on The River. I regret to hear that you experienced multiple issues during your visit. On Saturday, we did experience some unexpected compression at the front desk due to a large amount of guests arriving at the same time. I can understand how the extended wait times could be an inconvenience and I sincerely apologize for the this. Although we did have a large group in house during this particular evening, we still attempt to treat each and every single guest concern as if they were the only one in the hotel. I would love for the opportunity to speak with you in more detail regarding this matter. At your convenience, please feel free to contact me at 503-978-4521. I look forward to hearing from you soon!

Art Salinas - Director of Rooms

Reviewed 2 January 2018 via mobile

Hotel is nice with an amazing view of the river. The rooms are clean and bed was comfortable. There is a lot of stores in the area and Portland/Vancouver are both close by. Check in was long but check out was fast.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled on business
Rod R, Manager at Red Lion Hotel on the River, responded to this reviewResponded 3 January 2018

lynncar79 -
Happy New Year! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! I am so glad to hear that you enjoyed the amazing views our hotel has to offer! I am also pleased to see that you enjoyed the cleanliness and comfort of your guest room. I do apologize for the delay at check in as we do strive to provide each guest with a thorough but efficient check in experience. Thank you again lynncar79! We hope to see you back at Red Lion on The River soon!

Art S. - Director of Rooms

Reviewed 1 January 2018

mediocre food and service, overpriced rooms, employees seemed a little disorganized
a hotel employee just walked into our room after just knocking on the door once. we were
put on the 4th floor even though there was hardly anyone staying at this hotel

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

H8983QJjans -
We appreciate you taking the time to leave us with this very valuable feedback on your recent visit with us! I do regret to hear that you experienced multiple issues during your visit. I would love for an opportunity to speak with your more regarding your experience. At your convenience, please feel free to contact me at 503-978-4521.
Regards -
Art S. - Director Of Rooms

Reviewed 1 January 2018

We had to stay because of a medical emergency, came into town unprepared to stay overnight.
I had stayed there about 3 weeks ago and knew what to expect. We had no toothbrushes, so we got free ones at the desk.

• Stayed: December 2017, travelled as a couple

sheriedf2018-
Thank you so much for your positive review of our hotel! We are so glad that you were able to enjoy your stay with us considering the circumstances of your visit. We hope to see you back soon! Best Wishes!