Lowest prices for your stay
$156
Free cancellation until 13/10/22
Hotels.com$156
Priceline$166
Travelocity$156
All reviews portland airport free breakfast two queen beds large room an early flight the shuttle driver living room free parking tv lounge couch
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 November 2021

giant room for a two bed. included a living room, and several television sets. LOL the pool is giant, the staff is over the top. Great location for the price. I've stayed near here many times, but I'm all about this spot now. comfy beds, and lovely gathering spots.

Date of stay: June 2021
Reviewed 1 October 2021

I would give this place Negative stars if possible.

This is/was the absolute worst hotel I have ever been/stayed at in my entire life!! I have never had to urgently find a new hotel to stay at, at midnight, EVER!!

I am a normal business guy, and was profiled and then followed through this hotel by the staff. While being followed, I was repeatedly told to "Get out." Which made no sense, when asking for a supervisor/manager to explain these actions, the only supervisor on duty is the male individual profiling/following you through the hotel. When turning towards the elevators another unknown supervisor/manager immediately shows up out of nowhere and states they are on duty, still no name, badge, or mask...

The hotel then proceeded to tell me that I was no longer entitled to my own belongings before I left the property. They threatened to call the Portland Police on me (which was an idle threat), and then tried to lock me out of the room that I paid for, which took multiple returns back to the front desk to fix.

The staff was literally the absolute worst group of people I have ever seen. Rather than confirm that the customer might actually be right, they just jump to some conclusion that thinks they are entitled to enforce. The second so called supervisor refused to put on a mask, which was on her wrist, even after I pointed out that, it was my original frustration to get yelled at for something I was already wearing.

Upon finally gaining access to my room again, after multiple elevator trips, and the original "supervisors" no longer being anywhere in the area or visible, I was able to access my room once again. After looking at the bathroom, beds, and chairs nothing was clean, all the sheets/bedding were dirty, the bathroom was flooding, and the chairs were covered in unknown substances.

On top of the hotel trying to kick me out and then steal my stuff. They then completely removed my reservation from their system, and refused to authorize a refund to my CC for not even staying at their hotel, but were still trying to charge me.

How can you charge a reservation you blatantly try remove to cover your staffs butts. After multiple dispute phone calls to the CC the charges were reversed finally.

Their corporate offices and HR also had to be contacted because of these issues, and surveillance cameras had to be reviewed of the entire interaction, to which they still tried to lie about.

Just find somewhere else

Date of stay: September 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 27 September 2021

My co-worker booked a hotel room a week prior to our arrival date and when we arrived at 5 pm, the rooms were not available. We had a 5 am flight the next morning and offered to go have dinner and come back to give them more time to get the rooms ready. We returned at 7:30 pm and there still was not a room available. We then went to the shopping complex nearby to kill more time and getting tired and ready for bed, came back at 9 pm and still had to wait another 40 minutes before our room was ready. When we got to the room, it was dirty, had a cigarette burn on the couch, and wreaked of cigarette smoke. The woman working the front desk apologized but offered no other resolution for rooms that may have been available or a discount for having to wait so late to get a "clean" room.

Date of stay: August 2021
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
Reviewed 12 September 2021 via mobile

[TL;DR: Dirty first room, after multiple attempts, finally got acceptable room]

This is the first hotel I ever thought about walking out of, even though I got in late with my family and was leaving the next morning.
I picked the Shilo Inn due to a deal on a travel site, but when I checked in, I quickly found out why. For what it's worth, the airport shuttle was prompt and friendly as were the night staff at the front desk. But the first room I received was disturbing.

First, it was down the hall from a ballroom that had loud music thundering down the halls at 11pm. Then there was the coffee machine (as pathetic as it was) that looked like it had bled to death, complete.with a rivulet of coffee sludge dried up beside it. After that, overlooking the pen stains on the bed sheets, it was the carpet that concerned me the most. It looked like a cross between a spring break party and a murderer scene had occurred in the room and was half-heartedly cleaned theup (Ok,.. I may be overstating things a bit, and letting my creative nature flow,.. but I'm also not entirely wrong - I mean, I sure as hell wouldn't walk anywhere barefoot on that carpet). There was also the smell - that of an unknown offensive odor, covered by an unknown cleaning solution. Suffice it to say, I respectfully requested another room, preferably with two queen beds, as after the last room, I didn't want to open a pull out couch to discover any potential horrors. I should also mention, at least on the first floor, almost every room had a yellowish white stain outside of the door, which was a little off-putting.

The next room was cleaner, but was the same configuration. The third room was on the top floor and the keys didn't work. But after my fourth trip to the front desk, I finally got a (cleaner) room with two queen beds that looked like it had been refreshed sometime in the last decade, which was better than I can say for the first room.

To sum it up, my wife simply said, "Put this one on the list of places we are never coming to again!" So yeah,.. we won't be coming back.

Room tip: If you can't avoid the Shilo Inn, try to avoid the first floor.
Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 16 July 2021

I stayed at Shilo Inn a few days ago and here is the rundown.

The Good
• Large Rooms
• Decent Size Pool

The Bad
When we arrived the front desk attendant checked us into a dirty room. I was traveling with a senior citizen and a disabled child so that wasn’t helpful right off the bat especially with Covid, we walked into a dirty room. I then went and alerted the front desk and they checked me into a new room, so we had to cart all our luggage to another room on another floor. When we checked into this new room, the room was clean-ish. Whoever made the beds did a poor job as it was all lumpy and there weren’t enough towels for everyone, 2 towels for 3 people doesn’t work. I called the front desk and was told we would get towels but they weren’t provided to us until late at night and we got there late in the afternoon so that wasn’t fun.
In the pool area, the hot tub was out of order and there were no towels for guests in the area. I went and asked if there were pool towels and the front desk attendant said she would bring some to the pool in 10 minutes, that never happened. So, me and my disabled relative had to walk back to our rooms wet and dripping as I have never been to a hotel that didn’t provide towels in the pool area. Other guests had the same problem. This causes a slipping hazard for guests and staff.

Reservation Issue: I made the reservation on Orbitz, I selected the reserve now and pay later option. When I arrived, I gave them a different card to charge the room on as I have always done without any issues over the MANY years I have used Orbitz to book rooms. Shilo not only charged the card I gave them, but they also placed a hold on the card I had used to make the reservation hold. This has NEVER happened to me before in all the years I have been travelling. They said that even though a guest can pay with a different card on arrival, they will hold the entire amount on the card you used to hold the reservation the day of the reservation. That makes no sense at all! So now I had a credit card charge and a hold tying up my funds on my other card. It took nearly a week before those charges fell off.

The Room: While the room was large, it was incredibly outdated and was not cleaned well. They need to do some renovations and remove the old tv’s and old broken shelves, fixtures, lighting. It was like stepping into 1993.
At midnight, someone kept knocking on our door which freaked us out. Unfortunately, the phone in our room would not work so we couldn’t call down to the front desk for security. Eventually, they went away but it was a little scary. So much for guest safety.

The Staff: While the staff was okay, I would urge the management to make sure staff is discernable from guests in their dress and grooming. I found their attire very unprofessional. When you are in a public facing job where you are welcoming travelers, you shouldn’t be dressed like you are getting ready to do yard work. It gives a poor first impression of the property.

Needless to say, it was a rotten stay all around and I will NEVER stay at this nor any other Shilo Inn EVER!

Date of stay: July 2021