“High quality older hotel”

Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport
Ranked #55 of 142 Hotels in Portland
Medford, Oregon
“High quality older hotel”
Reviewed 17 March 2012

The entire hotel was definitely done in the late 80's but it was done QUALITY. Large nice rooms, high quality fixtures last and this place really shows it. It's been well cared for over the years. It was fun to just see how well high end 20 year old decor can last if somebody cares. Very good staff, comfortable. Good restaurant too.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 19 March 2012
Dear ZachofDash,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay at the Shilo Inn Suites – Portland, OR Airport. Our entire staff takes great pride in our hotel and restaurant and it shows in their protection and preservation of the assets. It was nice of you to notice. We are in the process of updating our facility and hope that you will become a long term customer and friend.

Best Regards,

Tim Laib, CHA
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (136)
Eugene, Oregon
Reviewed 17 March 2012

The Shilo Inn PDX is a good place to stay or attend a meeting. While somewate dated the all suite rooms are spacious. Have 3 televisions, refrigeratm. in their resteraunt. They also offer drive and fly program. I will stay here again

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Ray425
Dear Ray425,

I wanted to personally thank you for taking the time to share your review with other travelers on Trip advisor. I sincerely appreciated your positive comments and also assure you that we in the process of updating the property. Please stop by next time you are in town and introduce yourself. I look forward to establishing a long term relationship and want you to know we appreciate your business.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 8 March 2012

My wife and I had an overnight layover at PDX and stayed at the Shilo Inn Suites. The value was excellent. It was a comfortable room, decent amenities, a bar/restaurant on site (which was important because we were hungry when we arrived) and a free breakfast that we did not take advantage of. Free WiFi in the room. Conveniently located very close to the airport and a free shuttle is available.

I can't really comment on the service because we arrived fairly late and left fairly early in the morning, but all I can say is that we were pleased with this hotel and that the value was excellent. I do recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
Fargo, North Dakota
Reviewed 14 February 2012

Do not let nice pictures fool you. Rooms are about the average quality. Nothing exciting and not clean, boring. But the bad part of the hotel is its restaurant. Since there were no alternatives, I had to go there. That was my very worst experience in the entire life. Never ever under any circumstances go there. The smell from my food was so disgusting that I could hardly force myself to try it. Actually, it was a bad idea to give it a try. Overall, it's an average hotel with absolutely terrible restaurant.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank portvm
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 17 February 2012
Dear Port VM,

I was extremely disappointed to read your recent review of the Shilo Inn Suites Portland. At Shilo Inns, we pride ourselves on great food & service. It is a rare occasion that we receive such a critical review of our restaurant, and I regret that you didn’t share more information so that I could have researched this further. If you would be so kind to contact me I would sincerely like the opportunity to investigate what happened during your stay and make corrections so this does not occur again.

Tim Laib - General Manager
Snohomish
Reviewed 14 January 2012

I wouldn't choose to stay in this hotel, but I'm booked there through work. The staff is fussy, and the rooms are plain, small, and boring. I think it's pretty expensive.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Peter M
shiloinns, General Manager at Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Portland Airport, responded to this review, 8 February 2012
Dear Peter M.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to submit your recent review of the Shilo Inn Airport-Portland OR. I sincerely apologize if the staff seemed fussy, and will share your comments with them. I must admit however, that I am puzzled by your comment of the rooms being small. All of our rooms are mini-suites and close to 500 square feet. We would be happy to arrange a corporate contract with your company. Please have them contact us.

Best Regards.