“No 24 hr Airport shuttle”

Howard Johnson Portland Airport
Ranked #112 of 144 Hotels in Portland
Reviewed 14 March 2012

False advertising on this one. I booked this on line because it offered 24 hr airport shuttle to it's site. I am a female senior and I called their front desk two days prior to arrival to just doiuble check for this service and was assured they had it. Upon late night arrival, I called for the shuttle and was told it stopped at 1 am and there was no one to come for me. Yes, I could have taken a cab there, but doesn't that defeat the purpose, so there I was the rest of the night in the airport alone. This hotel had my pre paid room fee and my efforts to get a refund were met with indifference. I will never spend a dime ever in any of their properties when I travel. This is an outrage and a bad example to set with us seniors. I will be spreading the word.

Stayed: February 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Karen W
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
There are newer reviews for Howard Johnson Portland Airport

Reviewed 1 March 2012

This hotel offers park and fly if you are going to the airport and want to save on airport parking. We did not take advantage of this at this time. We did get a good 1 night rate. We had an early flight in the am and only needed a place to sleep. I got a 48 hr special on priceline and took advantage of this. The room had icebox, microwave, hairdryer, coffee pot, and iron, all of which we like but didnt need this trip.Room was clean and bed alittle hard for my taste. They also offer a continental breakfast which is also a plus, we didnt try so cant comment. I recommend this hotel if you are not looking for any frills. if you can get a discount, but would not recommend paying full price which I believe was 70.00, we paid 43.00. It served its purpose for our needs this trip.

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank cablemanSutherlin_OR
Reviewed 23 February 2012

For a cheap place to stay, it served its purpose. But if you can afford more, go some place else. The place smelled. Pillows were lumpy. Coffee maker was not cleaned two days in a row, nor the cups. I stepped on a chip one night and the next day it wasn't vacuumed up. I complained to management, and the place was cleaned the next day. Breakfast was pretty poor. I don't see staying there again.

• Stayed: February 2012
2  Thank kenbrad
Reviewed 16 February 2012

Shuttle picked me up from airport in less than 10 mins from the time I called. Was greeted by staff that was very friendly and warm. Room was very clean and nice. There's an Indian restaurant & lounge with the hotel. Was very convenient to not have to go anywhere for dinner. Had a warm and wonderful breakfast in the morning. This was my second stay @ this hotel & loved my stay each time. Will always go back...

• Stayed: February 2012, travelled with family
3  Thank Michelle S
Reviewed 7 February 2012

If you are traveling for business for a day and need a cheap place to stay near the airport then this hotel should work. However, I wouldn't recommend this hotel for a vacation stay.

• Stayed: February 2012