9 people are viewing this hotel
$125
Official Site$160
Expedia.com$132
Hotels.com$132
All reviews game room hour fitness hotel modera front desk amenity fee art museum onsite restaurant mini bar great stay great amenities per night hotel restaurant love this hotel within walking distance great room few blocks downtown area
Selected filters
Reviewed 17 September 2022 via mobile

Great service. Lovely patio garden. Music on patio - first night was a trio and second acoustic guitar. Desks in room are large. Rooms decorated in simple modern w/ pop of color. They have bikes, skateboards, corn hole. Restaurant / bar on site. I will definitely stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled on business
Rachel wilson, General Manager at The Hotel Zags Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 22 September 2022

Thank you for the 5 star review Passport34724441100! We want our guest to enjoy their time in Portland which starts with our amazing staff focused on, "Great Service." I love our patio it is one of my favorite parts of the hotel, we are glad you were able to enjoy the music in the courtyard. We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 16 September 2022 via mobile

Hotel zags was very nice in terms of pace of stay and the staff. It made the first day of our trip very welcoming! Hotel zags is also kept very clean! Thanks hotel zags and Michael for a very welcoming stay!

Trip type: Travelled with friends
Rachel wilson, General Manager at The Hotel Zags Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2022

Thank you for the 5-star review 364darylc! I will pass on your kind words to Michael, he is an awesome member of Our Team, and we are lucky to have him taking care of our guest's needs. Our Housekeeping Team works hard daily to ensure rooms are ready and the common area is clean and refreshed for our guests I will pass on your kudos to them. We hope to have you back soon.

Reviewed 10 September 2022 via mobile

Jordan at reception was lovely. The room was comfy, clean, & cute. The affordable secure underground parking garage can’t be beat. Who needs valet to wait 30 minutes for valet when the elevators here bring you directly to your vehicle?! Will stay here again!

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Rachel wilson, General Manager at The Hotel Zags Portland, responded to this reviewResponded 13 September 2022

Thank you for the 5 star review sugarmagnolia1994! Jordan is fantastic we are so lucky to have her on our team I will pass on your kind words to her. Our housekeeping Team works hard daily to make sure rooms are clean and ready for our guests. We love having our own parking lot because it makes parking smooth for our guests. We hope to see you soon.

Reviewed 9 September 2022

For the July 23-24, 2022 weekend we had use of the King Premier City View room with soaking tub room to celebrate my partner's birthday weekend.

Upon entering, the room was nice in its setup and layout. The King size bed was comfortable to sleep on with a nice pillow top firm mattress and pillows offered. The A/C worked well to keep the room comfortable. And the room was quiet, barely heard any city noise at night. You need your key card to access the elevator to your floor and room, which is a nice security feature.

It didn't have any USB ports which was annoying and an old-fashioned clock radio that you could plug in an IPod on top (if one had one anymore). It would have been nice if the room had a USB plug in base or lamps that had that feature like other upscale hotels offer nowadays. Luckily, we had brought our adaptors.

It had a mini fridge which we were thankful that came with the room and got used.

The closet had two robes in it, but we didn’t use them. The bathroom amenities and shower gel, shampoo and conditioner offerings were pleasant to use. There was no ice bucket in the room, however out in the hallway by the elevator, they had a large freezer chest filled with mini plastics bags of ice for you to use.

The soaking tub was deep and worked well, but you had to be very careful stepping over the high tub to get in/out, older people with mobility issues would find this difficult and dangerous. I know this is supposed to be an added feature for the room, but honestly, we mainly ended up using the room to sleep in and had to remind ourselves to use the tub, which we only did once. After 20 minutes of sitting in it we were bored, so not sure it’s worth the added price for this feature plus all that wasted water. I think I’d rather have them add a hot tub to their enclosed outdoor community space then add more soaking tubs in other rooms.

Speaking of, the enclosed outdoor community space was attractive and nicely arranged for use with various social areas like a couple of gas fire pits, game section, etc. and over the weekend they had the live Portland based soul-folk musical group “Wren the band” perform Sunday afternoon who were fantastic while a local wine vendor sampled their wares each afternoon making it for a fun and relaxing afternoon.

We didn’t get a chance to try the restraint downstairs as it was closed over the weekend. However, there are restaurants within walking distance around the neighborhood.

Overall, the staff we engaged with were pleasant, accommodating and helpful and greeted us upon entering each time making for a friendly comfortable atmosphere.

I would recommend the Hotel Zags to stay in, but next time I think we will try a room without the soaking tub.

Date of stay: July 2022
Reviewed 8 September 2022 via mobile

The Zags Hotel is very nice and clean! We didn't get a chance to eat at the restaurant but the outdoor seating was very nice! Michael checked me in at the front desk. He was very nice and answered all my questions. The underground parking was very secure. Overall my girlfriend and I both had an excellent stay here! If we visit Portland again we will probably stay here again.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple

Thank you for the great 5 star review Bryteness! We work hard to make sure rooms are nice and clean for our guests I am so glad this was your experience. I will pass on your kind words to Michael he is a great member of our Front Desk Team. Our outdoor space is one of my favorite parts of the hotel it is an amazing place to relax. We hope to have you back soon.