“Everything the other reviewers said....”

Econo Lodge Near Clackamas Town Center
Ranked #106 of 142 Hotels in Portland
San Leandro, California
“Everything the other reviewers said....”
Reviewed 23 June 2009

Bad neighborhood, smelly rooms, TV not working in one room, hair dryers working in neither.. worst of all, my non-smoking room reeked of smoke!....our experience wasn't quite as noisy as the other reviews, and the front desk help was actually helpful. The rooms were clean, however, and the beds were adequate, but not comfortable. One of my relatives chose the hotel, based on a good Econolodge experience at another hotel. She won't make that mistake again!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank themoogal
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Oregon
Reviewed 25 December 2007

I'm not really sure what we were thinking when we booked this hotel! At the time I wasn't very familiar with Portland, and we just picked something at random that looked like it was close to downtown. The neighborhood was very seedy - there were drug dealers and prostitutes (no joke.) I should point out that I'm no snob. In my younger days, I lived in some pretty sketchy neighborhoods, so I don't scare easily. We were nervous about leaving our car outside, and if my children had been with us I would actually have gone someplace else - it felt that unsafe.

The bed was comfortable enough, but the room was dark, smelly, and not very clean. The front desk staff was downright rude, and he demanded (actually demanded) and then photocopied ID from both my husband and myself. I suppose this was so they would have a list of all the possible suspects in case of a drug-raid.

The website said there was a free continental breakfast, but what we found the next morning was an aged "Little Debby" cake (just one!) and some questionable coffee. We passed on "breakfast" so I don't know if the coffee was any good or not! The room was absurdly overpriced at 99 dollars for 1 King bed. In sum, avoid at all costs - unless you're a crack dealer.

• Liked — close to our destination
  • Disliked — terrible neighborhood, terrible service
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank branmart

Travellers are raving about these Portland hotels

Oakland, CA
Reviewed 10 October 2006

Fortunately, we only stayed one-night. More noisy than most motels. Had a very difficult time communicating with the man at the front desk. We had a reservation for three rooms, had cancelled one and then the man said we had cancelled both. Then charged extra for the second room we did get. The beds and pillows were very uncomfortable. We will not be returning to this motel.

• Stayed October 2006