Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Priceline$125
HIExpress.com$125
Expedia.com$125
Hotels.com$125
Travelocity$125
Algotels$140
All reviews front desk biscuits and gravy hot tub each morning free breakfast property
Selected filters
Reviewed 3 June 2021 via mobile

This hotel had excellent staff - polite and attentive. Rooms were big. They are had great COVID measurements. Their common area was kept clean including the elevator. The hotel site is not the best. No outdoor space, no views from windows. It felt really boxed in. We compensated by enjoying our time outside the hotel. Hotel is also quite dated. One room was dirty and we had to move. We had poor experience in all holiday inns we stayed at in the last 4 days. May be because of pandemics, hotels are struggling to meet the basics and stopped investing in the hotel. Now it is harder for them to restart after losing so many of their staff members. Hopefully things will improve.

Date of stay: June 2021
Trip type: Travelled with family
1  Thank travelers3Ca
Leo Patterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Portland-Jantzen Beach, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2021

Travelers3Ca,

Thank you for taking the time, and i's certainly happy you were able to enjoy are staff. As Portland opens, and demand grows the hospitality industry as well as most industries is finding it hard to find staff. Thank you for understanding, and look forward seeing you in the future.

Reviewed 20 May 2021

Staff was super friendly and welcoming and the place was very clean. Breakfast was delicious too! The bed was very comfortable and it was quiet at night. I had such a restful night and comfortable spot I stayed 2 extra days!

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Travelled solo
1  Thank travelswithoso
Leo Patterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Portland-Jantzen Beach, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2021

Hello travelswithoso,

Extremely happy to hear you enjoyed your stay! We loved having you even longer then expected, see you soon!

Reviewed 15 February 2021

Staying in the Portland area during Covid 19 has it's own challenges. I decided to book a room @ Jantzen Beach to get out of town a little. I frequently stay at Holiday Inn brands for business trips but was disappointed in the Jantzen Beach property. The walls are extremely thin and room dated. I know that the hotel wasn't full, but I was put in was next to the elevator and another guest was put in right next door. With all of the space available, spread people out!

Date of stay: January 2021
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Leo Patterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Portland-Jantzen Beach, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2021

dancG237JF,

Thank you for your review, I apologize you were disappointed with your stay. I have taken your comments and discussed with our management team as a training opportunity. We hope we have the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Reviewed 13 November 2020

My stay was weeks ago and I still have around 100 bug bite scars all over my body. It was a miserable experience and I do not recommend anyone stay there. Neither the employees at the front desk or the Manager seemed to care about the issue at all.

Date of stay: October 2020
Trip type: Travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Leo Patterson, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Portland-Jantzen Beach, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2020

CheeseDoodle45,

Thank you for your review, we take cleaning/pest control very seriously. After hearing your initial concerns that were brought to management we immediately contacted a prominent pest control company in the city of Portland. After inspection of multiple rooms, no pest activity was found.

Reviewed 21 February 2020

Holiday Inn Express
2300 N Hayden Island Dr
Portland OR.

On February 19th upon to return to room ~5PM the housekeeping staff was still working on my floor; my room had not been made up at that time. So I grabbed my computer bag and went out to dinner. When I returned the crew was gone and my room was not made up. I called the front desk and the lady who answered stated “you must have left your do not disturb indicator on the door” I advised I had not and her response was “I will get you points.” (to date points never appeared) The more I think about this the clearer it became that the hotel employees are always focusing on failures being the issue with the guests and not the ownership / employees to hold staff accountable. Not even an apology of failure was offered. I have had other issues with similar results at this facility. I like to stay with IHG and this property is close to my project here. If things do not change I may have to consider a move to another hotel chain, My project is still has a couple of more months to go.

Date of stay: February 2020
  • Trip type: Travelled on business
IHGService, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Portland-Jantzen Beach, an IHG Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2020

Hello GMS3208,

I thank you for posting a review of your stay at our Holiday Inn Express Portland-Jantzen Beach.

I am sorry to hear that there were issues with our housekeeping staff. We recognize we can improve on our housekeeping service. I've shared your insights with management and I'm confident necessary steps will be done to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Thank you for being our guest and we hope to continue hosting your travels!

Best Regards,