Wildhorse Resort & Casino
US$ 90
US$ 87
US$ 116
Travelodge Pendleton OR(Pendleton)(Great Value!)
US$ 63
Oxford Suites Pendleton(Pendleton)
US$ 115
US$ 126
US$ 110
Rugged Country Lodge(Pendleton)(Great Value!)
US$ 62
US$ 60
US$ 125
TripAdvisor
All reviewsrv parksports barnew towertower roommovie theaterslot machinesgaming floorplateau restaurantnon smokingpoker tournamentcigarette smokebeautiful roomwalla wallasalad barstayed one nightblue mountainspool and hot tub
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We stayed in a Tower Room on the Friday night of the start of Oregon schools Spring Break. The female working the front desk was not in the least bit personable. We thought that our room was lovely and it was very clean. Elevators were quickly available. The kids had a fantastic time in the pool, it was also very clean. In the morning I did notice a lot of doors closing and hallway noise. I was surprised that there was not better sound proofing, I expect that for a $I35 price point. I think the room price is expensive for a hotel in NE Oregon. It would have been a nice bonus to have included a coupon for $5 off the breakfast buffet or some incentive to encourage us to stay there and eat.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 March 2018 via mobile

My husband and I stayed one night at the Wildhorse, and we had a great time. Check in was fast and the lady checking us in was very friendly. The hotel is modern and stylish. Our room was clean, however the bathroom was not. The toilet was dirty, door handles were sticky, and the shower leaked out onto the floor. Other then the bathroom the room was great. We had dinner and drinks in the sports bar, the service was fantastic as was the food. Everyone was friendly and helpful through the entire resort and casino. We did use the pool and hot tub, but I would recommend remodeling since both are outdated. Overall it was a great stay and we will be back.

Stayed: March 2018, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2018

We have stopped here 3-4 times over the last 4 or 5 years. The first few times were good experiences from 2014-2016. This last visit in February of 2018 was disappointing. Here's the rundown:

The good in 2016:

Buffet was horrible
Pool was broken down
Child Entertainment Center staff was not friendly

The good in 2018:
The Buffet is amazing now for breakfast and dinner on Saturday
The CEC staff were attentive and friendly

The bad in Feb 2018:
Literally everything else.

On all of our trips we have taken my parents or my wife's parents along with our two children. This trip wasn't any different. We had 6 people in our party with my wife and I and the kids in one hotel room and my parents in the other room. Upon pulling up, this should have been apparent to the valet driver we were going to need a luggage rack. The entire back of our SUV was stuffed and we had just driven 150 miles.

Instead, upon arrival, the valet driver was incompetent. Offering no friendly greeting upon arrival, no directions on where to go and no offer for bell service. The security guards are overly vigilant and present because of recent changes to allow alcohol on the gaming floor. The staff was mostly surly, ill-tempered and just not pleasant to be around. This was consistent from the hotel lobby, to the coffee barista (who was a cross-dresser or transgender guy dressed up as a girl who seemed to be bothered to help us with our pastries and coffees), to the Wildclub associate who growled at customers "Next!" to the unfriendly cashiers and even the gift shop guy who was looking at videos with another worker and seemed bothered when we went to purchase things.

This was the worst customer service experience I've ever had in any resort anywhere. On top of that, we stayed for 2 nights and spent over $1,200 between our rooms (2 rooms for 2 nights = $500 in the courtyard "old side" which had rock hard beds and worse pillows), $145 for the Child Entertainment Center for our 2 girls who enjoyed and asked to go back again and again over our 3 days there, $75 on the cinema, $50 on gas, $200 on meals, and a couple of hundred on gambling!

To make matters worse. Not one machine in the entire casino played. We went around to dozens of machines and each time no bonus. Then Saturday we hit bonuses, but they were all small payouts and we never recouped what we'd already spent. Then, on Sunday morning prior to checkout we decided to play once more. This time, I said, "What the hell, let's try max bet." I hit the bonus! I was so excited!! In any other casino in the world it would have been big bucks. 10 spins later - my max bet bonus on Dragon's Realm (a popular game) - $0.00. That's right not one penny. Moments later, my wife hit a max bet bonus on Jungle Wild III - and the EXACT SAME THING HAPPENED TO HER. About five minutes after that a complete stranger sitting down from my wife hit a max bet bonus on Kronos - guess what? $0.00 bonus. I've never heard of anything like this in my life. I know it can happen, but to the same bank of machines within 10 minutes of each other? Those machines must be set way back. Unbelievable. We checked out feeling like it was the last kick in the butt on the way out the door.

Unfortunately, we won't be back. There are other places to stay and gamble closer to home that have top-notch service, better food, better casino play and payouts as well as valet drivers who know what they're doing and guest services workers who smile.

They could offer us 2 free rooms, $250 in free play, 5 hours of free childcare, and a $50 gas card and I still wouldn't think it's worth the time or the hassle. Good customer service and a pleasant overall mood from staff goes a LONG ways. Wildhorse Resort just doesn't "feel" like a positive place from the top down. It used to!

I guess if you're on the road passing by, stop for an hour or two and eat at the buffet for dinner on the weekend. It was really the only pleasant experience we had.

Room Tip: Only stay in the "tower" hotel.
  • Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
4  Thank DoctorJourney
Reviewed 22 February 2018 via mobile

Every time we stay at any hotel, I ALWAYS bring my Clorox wipes to wipe down the hotel room/bathroom. I used to work in the hotel industry, and know that, well, some housekeepers are just SUPER lazy, and need to have the room cleaned by a certain amount of time, so they will cut corners where they can. Upon our arrival front desk guy, wasn’t warm and welcoming. Very straight to the point, didn’t go over anything about the hotel that we needed to know. Didn’t say anything about ANY amenities. Go up to our room, and I start my “inspection”. Beds are clean, microwave and fridge are clean. Bathroom was clean EXCEPT for the toilet, lofted the toilet seat up, and what do you know? BLOOD on the toilet seat.... gross! So I immediately cleaned it up, finished my inspection, and called down to the front desk, but had no answer. Decided to wait till we went down to use their shuttle service to talk to someone. With three kids under the age of 7, I completely forgot to mention anything to the front desk when we got downstairs since it was time for us to catch the shuttle, which we were told not to be late, because when they arrive at the pick up time, they don’t wait! Shuttle drive is a whole other review!

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family
Reviewed 8 February 2018 via mobile

For the price, I was not very impressed. The hotel room in the courtyard was small, outdated, tacky, too hot then too cold, the lamps were damaged. The hotel staff was not very friendly, and you have to walk through the lobby to get to the pool which is also hooked to the casino. The casino however was quite interesting, and the staff was friendly.

Stayed: February 2018, travelled with family