“The food was good but service was mediocre/poor which was nonsensical given the low occupancy.”

Mazatlan Mexican Restaurant
Ranked #19 of 83 Restaurants in Pendleton
Cuisines: Mexican
Description: (541) 276-2646
Description: (541) 276-2646
Reviewed 23 January 2018

Needed lunch and my buddy selected this restaurant over my counter-recommendation as I have had lackluster experiences before but acquiesced as the occupancy was low and so hoped for a better experience -- it was to prove to be a wishful but unfulfilled hope.

We were seated immediately given how empty the place was but was given the distinct impression that our greeter wished we were not there or was somewhere else. Tried to order a drink immediately but she was gone before we sat down.

After some time elapses, the chips and salsa arrive by someone else but even though we already know what we want to eat and drink we are still unable to place our order.

After even more time elapses, we are finally able to place or drink order (water and a strawberry daiquiri) but before we even begin to mumble the words "We would like to order..." she is gone.

A considerable amount of time now elapses and someone else returns to get our food order. Chips and salsa are gone; drinks are no where to be seen but yet time marches on....I might interject that the server responses are on-par to someone at the end of their double-shift of a job they hated but yet it is early lunch...

Food finally arrives and is quite good -- not sure if it is the food itself or the long anticipation but no complaints in this area...

Same treatment trying to get a togo container and our check.

Maybe it was just a bad day all around and so your experiences may vary but as this has been my personal experience every time I have eaten here over the years I would submit that this is systemic rather than a one-off situation.

Reviewed 16 November 2017

Nobody, and I mean Nobody makes pork carnitas like my mom did ! But last night I would have bet the ranch she was in that kitchen !!! The food was Fantastic, the service was great , the Pacifico beer was Ice cold, This was simply the best Mexican food this side of Mexico I’ve had in years.If you find yourself in Pendleton for the Roundup (rodeo) or any other reason go there and enjoy the best Pendletons got to offer. You won’t be disappointed .

Reviewed 22 August 2017

Taste is a subjective thing, but I did not care for the Fajitas. They had a kind of sweet taste about them that I did not like (nor did my wife).
The service wasn't great and the Marguarita my wife had was pretty watered down and tasteless.
Besides that it was OK.

Reviewed 18 August 2017

What a nice restaurant! The servers and clientele were all having a good time in this pretty little place. Huge choice, amazingly cheap. A big basket of corn chips with salsa arrived immediately. We ordered enchiladas, tacos, tamales, beans, rice, and a chimichanga, in combination plates. We couldn't finish, being jet-lagged, but my partner managed to scarf down a flan for dessert.

Reviewed 16 August 2017

We ended up at this restaurant because "Joe's" was closed at 8pm on a Thursday evening. Mazatlan has lots of parking, a charming atmosphere and friendly staff. We're from Los Angeles, so we're pretty picky about our Mexican food. I had the cheese enchilada and chili relleno and it was outstanding, tasted just like home. My husband had the carnitas and it was very good.

Been to Mazatlan Mexican Restaurant? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK