See what travellers are saying:
Reviewed 29 September 2016

A very convenient place to stay before going on the HCA jet boats. Nothing is very close. It's a pleasant property with roaming chickens, and in the evening flocks of turkeys come up to roost in the trees. The space is very comfortable, the bed and shower good. Wifi connection strong, in an area where there is very little. Breakfasts brought down to the rooms (under the deck) one day scrambled eggs from her chickens. There's a microwave available for heating up a dinner (no restaurants close) up on the deck.
Coffee only hotel variety, fresh would have been great. Would have been nice to have a tv guide for DISH.
Communication not always easy, but definitely a fine place

Stayed: September 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 July 2016 via mobile

Stayed here one night to see Hells Canyon on our road trip. Simple, small room but very clean and cozy. Owner, Julie, very friendly and helpful. Be aware that there are no restaurants really close except Hells Canyon Inn which closes on Mon and Tue. Since we happened to be there on a Mon, we just got limited supplies at the local store for dinner rather than drive to Halfway- about 18 miles away.
Breakfast was simple - fruit and scrambled eggs but decent. Good place to stay to see a very remote area

Stayed: June 2016, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 July 2015

My wife and I along with our daughter and son-in-law stayed here for two nights while we did a Hells Canyon Adventure trip. We had one room with a queen bed and double bed and a single bed that was a trundle bed that fit under the double bed. We are good sized people and used the three beds. The room had a refrigerator which we used.
This is a really quiet place. We really enjoyed interacting with the hosts. Our daughter follows a gluten-free diet and they had gluten-free items for her for breakfast, including gluten-free huckleberry pancakes on the last morning.
Just down the road we saw dear and wild turkeys each evening.

• Stayed: July 2015, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 June 2015

This place is definitely that ideal accomodations for Hell's Canyon. A short walk and you can swim around in the Snake River. Many animals on sight. The residence next door holds off-season police horses that are very sweet. In the driveway, or better yet right next to it, there is a lage clearing where the sheep and goats graze. You are allowed to climb in, they're very mild-mannered if they come to you. The chickens aren't as playful and run, but that's what chickens do. There is a cat, or there was when I went there, that was sweet. Many yellow-jackets and gnats at night, but if your door is shut and outdoor light off, they won't bother you. Many wild turkeys and deer on the hillside, drive carefully at night so you don't hit a deer. Good fishing and swimming, nice locals, definitely worth revisiting, even if the drive feels longer than it is.

Room Tip: Shallow bank at river boat ramp, defiinitely explore area.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 September 2014

Very pleasant. Simple clean air conditioned accommodations right on the upper end of Hell's Canyon reservoir. Owners were very nice. My teenaged kids loved all of the animals they had onsite. There were friendly dogs, cat, goats, sheep and horses all amenable to being petted. There was also a ton of wildlife around. Deer were everywhere as were huge numbers of wild turkeys. The reservoir/river was nice for swimming and I caught a few smallmouth bass in it. . I was sorry we were only there for one night prior to a raft trip. If I'd have know how nice, We'd have stayed a few days.

On the negative side there is not much to say. The breakfast was adequate, but not the high point of the place. Also, the owner never sent me a confirmation of my reservation by email as she said that she would. And she didn't answer a couple email follow ups. I didn't worry about it too much, as she'd been pretty definitive on the phone when I made my original reservation. And all is well that ends well.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family