All reviews freshly ground coffee handmade soaps welcome home locally roasted coffee tiki room coos bay rooms are extremely great sushi unique hotel experience fun place to stay electric kettle retro style grandma's house oregon vacation each guest cha cha chain hotels
Reviewed 25 August 2018 via mobile

I didn’t actually stay here as it was booked solid when I arrived. I did however get the opportunity to meet the owner and look around the hotel. It’s very well-kept and well-managed by a couple of great owners.
When I arrived I had a slow leak in my tire and even though I wasn’t staying there the owner helped me fix the tire with his own tools! Fantastic guy who is a cyclist and supports cycling in Oregon.
Great little business which Adventure Cycling has identified on their bike maps as a preferred vendor.
Book early so you’re not disappointed!
Thanks for all the help!
PS: don’t forget to checkout the Itty Bitty fat bikes!

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank mikeregan732
Reviewed 12 August 2018

We came into town with no place to stay and every place on the coast was booked. We got a last minute call back from Rick with a cancellation.Rick wecomed us with open arms. We got in late and he called around to find us a place to eat that was still open. We had car trouble and called around to make we could get it fixed. Hotel is very cool and Retro [we love that].Rick made us feel like we belong there.We will return.

Room tip: Theme rooms
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank 9Steve123
Reviewed 6 August 2018 via mobile

Special place. Rick, the owner, really cares and it shows. When I booked the reservation well in advance, he called to welcome me! I checked in early and the room was ready. He told me it needed to be cleaned AND INSPECTED. I think he checks every room before the guests arrive. In the room their was locally made soap, local oatmeal, and lots of awesome 50’s vintage: framed album covers, a radio, and I think some of the furniture. The room was comfortable, roomy, and very clean. Rick sent me to a nearby bar to wait for my room and the owner there started telling me how much everyone loves Rick. I don’t know why you’d want to stay anywhere else! I don’t think the cars are always there, but they were when I left the next morning.

Trip type: Travelled solo
2  Thank Todd N
Reviewed 17 July 2018

The owner hugged us on our arrival and departure. He was very helpful. We had some difficulty identifying local TV channels with our favorite networks. He came in and tried to determine them. Since he didn't watch TV he couldn't do it so he shared his best guesses and left. A few minutes later he showed up at the door with a list he had found online and printed. Every detail of the room seemed to fit the " itty bitty " theme. He also supplied coffee, tea, hot chocolate, and mini tootsie pops in the room. He gave us our choice of a shelf full of gourmet oatmeal and gave my wife some candy cigarettes which she remembered from her childhood. He was so much fun to talk to and we enjoyed every minute. He has worked very hard to create a memorable experience. We would stay again in a heartbeat!

Room tip: Easy to find. Easy access to area dining and attractions.
Date of stay: July 2018
  • Trip type: Travelled as a couple
3  Thank wkimball
Reviewed 9 July 2018 via mobile

From the moment we stepped in the front door, we knew we had chosen the right place to stay. Rik greeted us and instantly shared all the wonderful amenities and helped us set up a dinner reservation at Tokyo Grill for some great sushi. Right off the 101, it was the perfect place to spend the night on our coastal road trip. You will not be disappointed!

Date of stay: July 2018
Trip type: Travelled as a couple
1  Thank courtney_1019