“loved”

Embarcadero Resort Hotel
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Newport
“loved”
Reviewed 8 January 2005

We belong to a time share that has 40 some rooms here. They've always been excellent! However, another family member has been very unhappy with the condition of the unit she stayed in recently. I assume they are privately owned by different individuals. I would reccomend that management check the "privately owned" units before having them in the rental pool.

7 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (88)
Reviewed 17 November 2004

I recently called the Embarcadero Resort to arrange reservations. I needed to check and see if they were Pet Friendly. The gentleman that answered the phone did not understand what pet friendy meant. I informed him that I was going to be attending a seminar at the resort and needed to make reservations and bring a small dog. I was informed that pets were not allowed, I explained it was just a small well behaved dog, he replied that maybe if I had a small goldfish in a bowl they could accommodate me. I did not find this amusing, but continued to ask if he might be able to recommend a motel that would take pets, to this he responded with and equally rude remark saying he didnt know because he never calls motels to ask. I called the local Shilo Inn, they were extremely polite and business oriented, they answered all my questions and are pet friendly. My family and I are looking forward to our trip to Newport with our pet. Unfortunately the seminar is being held at the Embarcadero.

6 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travellers are raving about these Newport hotels

Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 14 September 2004

Oh my God! This place is DISCUSTINGLY dirty! I have never stayed in such a worn out, filthy place before in my entire life despite the hefty price tag of $309 per night for a two room unit in Oregon (this is NOT Hawaii for goodness sakes)! The mattress and bedspread actually had what appeared to be blood stains all over them! There were cobwebs everywhere, the toilet seat actually FELL off, and the carpeting was so soiled I was afraid to take my shoes off - totally unacceptable conditions! We will never go to the dirtiest place on earth again - do yourself and kids a favor - stay anywhere but there.

13 Thank FamilyTraveler831
Reviewed 3 August 2004

Every year we book a 2 bedroom unit at the Embarcadero. We can't always make it but my parents always use it. This year we have 2 units and the whole family is coming. I can't wait to get there. Even though the resort is not on the beach (usually a requirement for us) it is one of our favorite vacation spots. The crabbing is fabulous, we always meet nice people at the pool or the hot tub, shopping is great, the beach is the best (even though we have make the 5 minute or so drive). This year we can't wait to rent a boat that the resort has available. Come September I'll be making my next year's reservation.

4 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 13 April 2004

This is one of the finest, upscale condos I have had the pleasure of staying in. I would recommend this condo to any persons looking for a clean, relaxing atmosphere for an excellent vacation. The staff is wonderful and helpful and the view is spectacular!

12 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Travellers also viewed these Newport hotels
2.1 km away
1.7 km away
Holiday Inn Express Hotel and Suites Newport
2.1 km away
Shilo Inn Suites Hotel - Newport

Been to Embarcadero Resort Hotel? Share your experiences!

Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / PAYBACK
JPMiles / Payback Arrow

Additional Information about Embarcadero Resort Hotel

Property: Embarcadero Resort Hotel
Address: 1000 SE Bay Blvd, Newport, OR 97365-4201
Region: United States > Oregon > Oregon Coast > Newport
Bar / Lounge Beverage Selection Business Centre with Internet Access Fitness Centre with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Children Activities (Kid / Family Friendly) Kitchenette Pets Allowed ( Dog / Pet Friendly ) Restaurant Room Service Spa Suites Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Ranked #13 of 24 Hotels in Newport
Price range (per night): ₹ 7,767 - ₹ 13,481
Hotel Class:4 star — Embarcadero Resort Hotel 4*
Located on the shores of Yaquina Bay in Newport Oregon - every well appointed guestroom has a Million Dollar view of beautiful Yaquina Bay. Full Service Hotel - with Restaurant, Lounge, Indoor Salt Water Pool and Spa, Crab Boat Dock and Boat Rentals, 4000 Square Feet of flexible Meeting Space with Full Service Catering. ... more   less
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Booking.com and Agoda so you can book your Embarcadero Resort Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Embarcadero Resort Newport