“Best Breakfast coming again and again!!!!!”
Review of The Coffee House

The Coffee House
Ranked #6 of 116 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast
Description: The best breakfast in town
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Didn’t even realize this gem was here and so close to our hotel. Asked Siri for a breakfast place since we really wanted breakfast and it guided us here and I’m sure glad we did.
Prices are just right and you get a lot of food for your money! Chances are you may take some home. The crepes were $13 and breakfast sandwich was $9. They both were huge!!! Has expressos coffee and even a delicious green smoothie, which I had and it was great!
The creators had fresh cut up fruit and fresh real whipping cream, the raspberry compote that drizzled on the apples was delightful!
Staff was friendly and wonderful.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Great breakfast or lunch spot, near the docks. Nice view from some tables. Friendly service. Lots of coffee choices.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

While wandering Newport's waterfront, my wife and I selected the Coffee House for lunch. From the outside, it looks questionable, but obviously there are lots of customers entering and leaving, so we decided to take a chance.
We found this perfect for us, not fancy, just good honest food, prepared with skill, and served respectfully. For lunch, I ordered a breakfast, Corn Beef Hash with Eggs. I would have been willing to settle for the usual semi-greasy chunks of hash floating in potato chunks. What I received was a long platter with huge chunks of corned beef like I would expect for dinner, and home fried potatoes enough to feed an army.
The relatively fast service and huge quantity of genuinely good food almost made up for the cramped interior, but that's part of the deal. They really prepare food here, including their own pastries.
Yes, the next time I'm traveling in the vicinity of Newport, I'll be sure to get down to the Coffee House on the waterfront.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

My family went here, inspired by other reviews on their breakfast sandwiches, and ended up getting a "small" pancake (these are massive, by the way), breakfast sandwiches, the parfait, and coffees. The breakfast sandwiches are huge, fresh, and super tasty! The pancake we got had the blueberry spread on it as well and is one of the better pancakes I've ever had. I absolutely loved the parfait! It was a great balance of a huge variety of fruit, tangy yogurt, granola, and raspberry syrup. And the house coffee was very good :) Portions are MASSIVE, so please consider that when ordering. Between 4 people we had enough leftovers for a very filling lunch later on that day. Highly recommend!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The food is fabulous. The portions are extremely large and the coffee is good. My kiddos love coming here. You need to share it’s that big. The only downside to this gem is it’s not accessible and the coffee creamer comes in tiny convenient store containers. A carafe with 1/2 & 1/2 could do wonders.