“Cozy homemade italian food!”

Green Gables Italian Cafe
Ranked #78 of 109 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Serves Alcohol
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations, Serves Alcohol
Newport, Oregon
“Cozy homemade italian food!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 April 2012

this is a quaint little italian resturant / coffee house / book store set in a old victorian in the nye beach section of town. live music serenades dinner on the weekends. food is quite good and homemade. the owners are always there working, and i would absolutly recommend. Note: they are closed sunday & monday.

• Visited April 2012
Turn Your Opinions into Points!
Turn your opinions into JPMiles
Turn your opinions into PAYBACK Points
*You can enroll in only one programme at a time to earn rewards for reviews.
JPMiles / Payback Arrow
JPMiles / PAYBACK

Portland, Oregon
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Nice little place”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 November 2011

My partner and I had dinner here on a stormy November night. We were the first ones in but had live music. The food was exceptional. My partner had the "all you can eat spaghetti with 2 meat balls" and I had the Linguini with white clam sauce. What a wonderful meal. I will be going back again.

Visited November 2011
Suzhou, China
“If you love books and food, don't miss this!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2011

Wonderful atmosphere, delicious food and reasonable prices. All this can be found at Green Gables. We happened to walk over while staying at the Elizabeth street inn. Our whole family loved the restaurant! The band was nice and talented and being surrounded by books is what I love. I warmly recommend this place and I am really, really sorry that we can't go there every week. The service also deserves a positive mentioning. All in all: they make a cool night a warm one :-)

• Visited July 2011
Omaha, Nebraska
“Authentic New York Style Italian Food From a Former New Jerseyite”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 September 2011

We decided to try this restaurant based on reviews that said it was owned by two sisters from New York. We were not dissappointed. It's a rather unusual place but quite nice and romantic. It's in the basement of a small b&b. It's small and quaint. Some of the rooms have book shelves. The night we were there they had two guys playing and singing. The two sisters were working very hard to keep up with the orders. Our food was real authentic NY style Italian food. The bread and salad were good also. Seems they are open for breakfast also. Looked like a good place for a coffee and cannoli although we did not have these. Maybe next time!

• Visited September 2011
Newport, Oregon
“Can be intimate, Italian flavor, great pasta”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 September 2010

I am a local restaurant owner and seldom comment on fellow owners but in this instance, I feel I must, This is my top favorite place to go for a glass of wine and a good pasta dish, perhaps a little music, and perhaps (If they are not too busy cookin' off your noodles and sauce) some friendly conversation with the Italian-blooded "sisters"--I suggest that you do also. Tell them I sent you. They know who I am.

2 Thank tthyme