“A Diamond in the Rough! Michelin 4 STAR”

Shilo Restaurant Newport
Reserve with OpenTable
Shilo Restaurant Newport is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #29 of 123 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$ 8 - US$ 34
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, After-hours, Reservations
Description: There is nothing better than the combination of great food, excellent service and convenience! The Shilo Restaurant Newport is a full service restaurant and bar are located across from the Hotel Lobby. We serve a variety of Northwest favorites along with a wide-range selection of classic American dishes your whole family will enjoy. Walk-ins are always welcome, but feel free to make a reservation.
Reviewed 20 September 2018

As everyone knows hotel restaurants are at most acceptable. The Shilo Restaurant at Newport is a jewell! After being told there was a fifteen minute wait at all the decent establishments, my wife suggested the restaurant at our hotel. No waiting Wonderfull Sunset, and Excellent food! Our Server, Sarah, was extremely attentive. My wife ordered the fried artichoke hearts, with aoli sauce, and lobster bisque, I had the clam chowder and an oyster shooter. After the wonderful appetizers, we had more appetizers..we shared some New steamer clams and salt and pepper calamari. The presentation of the clams was like a cover from Bon Appetit! It was beautiful and the sauce was incredible, i was full but had to keep dipping my bread, The Chef, Garnet Black, is a master in preparation and presentation, and i'm sure it bothered him when we ordered wild berry creme brulee to go, after caramelizing the top we forced him to dump it into plastic cups to take with us, with the caramel on the bottom, i am eating it as I write this, it is the perfect ending to a wonderful and thoroughly enjoyable experience. Trust me you will thank me, after you go there, Go during sunset for dinner, you wont be disappointed

Date of visit: September 2018

Reviewed 15 August 2018 via mobile

My husband and I went for drinks and dessert during our stay in Newport. We arrived close to closing time, but we still received friendly service. They have a nice selection of wine by the glass. We had the cheesecake and it was tasty, but on the small side. I will likely return for dinner in the near future.

Date of visit: August 2018
Reviewed 15 July 2018

Road Glide John here again. The breakfast was amazing. You need to try the banana waffles with peanut butter and whipped cream. Joel works in the cafe in the morning and his service is terrific!

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 11 July 2018 via mobile

Let's get the amazing view out of the way. It's beachfront OK. Called for a late(ish) breakfast and had the place to ourself. Our server Ruth was very engaging and made us feel very welcome and special. I can recommend the fresh fruit and granola. It was obviously assembled with love and resembled an ice cream sundae. The fruit was really fresh and full of flavour. My wife ordered off menu and was delighted with the result. Nothing was too much trouble. It's not the cheapest of places but you are also paying for the view. Residents at the hotel receive a discount. We were staying down the road but Ruth kindly applied it to our bill too.

Date of visit: July 2018
Reviewed 18 June 2018 via mobile

It was a great meal and a great price. Our server was very pleasant and we had a wonderful evening. I would recommend this to others for a reasonable night out.

Date of visit: April 2018