“My new favorite restaurant in Newport”
Review of The Deep End Cafe

The Deep End Cafe
Ranked #14 of 120 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family friendly with fresh fish and seafood, burgers, deli sandwiches, made-from-scratch soups and chowder. Full bar serving spirits,local draft beers, and Pacific Northwest wines dominate the wine list.
Reviewed 30 July 2018 via mobile

The Deep End Cafe is one of the best places to eat in Newport! The cafe is beautiful with fun ocean themed murals and pictures on the walls and there was zero wait time for a table every time my family and I visited. Even when there were issues with other customers (who were intoxicated and angry) around us the staff apologized sincerely and continued to take care of us while remaining calm and friendly. They served us VERY fresh and VERY delicious fries and calamari as well as a number of other things. Servings sizes were very generous. The location was perfect and the cafe itself was friendly and inviting atmosphere.

1  Thank april82012
Charlotte B, Owner at The Deep End Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 31 July 2018

Thank you so much for your kind review. You must have dined at the restaurant the night we had to withhold serving liquor to a table of customers, so thank you for understanding. The OLCC requires that we do not serve intoxicated customers and it rarely happens that we have to do that, so I am sorry you had to observe the scene they made in front of others. I am so happy to hear your comments as we try very hard to serve food with the freshest ingredients and most everything is made from scratch. Thank you again for being a favorite customer!

Reviewed 29 July 2018 via mobile

We had a great shrimp Louie Salad with a nice atmosphere, a very nice waiter and close walking distance to the beach. We will definitely come back!

1  Thank Owen C
Reviewed 29 July 2018

We visited Newport and went looking for a place for drinks and dinner - we checked the internets and found this place. Very unassuming from the outsde, but nice and clean inside. The waiter was very friendly, but did seem a bit overwhelmed at times (I think he was the only one). We sat down and ordered, and the food was exellent. My wife had the fish and I had pasta alfredo that they made specially for me (not on the menu). The sauce was excellent and full of garlic - as good as any traditional Italian place. The drinks were great too. Finally a restaurant bar that can make a great Long Island Iced Tea (that does not taste like fuel).

Overal, we really enjoyd our visit to this place, and if we are in NewPort again, will most likely make another visit there. The food was delicious, and overall very reasonable in price.

My only suggestion is that the staff practice smiling a little more, as it would imporve the place a lot. Perhaps hire additional staff for dinner time too.

1  Thank davidpipgras
Reviewed 26 July 2018

We visited on a Wednesday afternoon and was seated right away. Our waiter was very friendly, but the service was a little slow. Nice atmosphere.

Great: Atmosphere

Good: Food was average, I would not recommend the fish & chips, but would recommend the fish tacos.

Reviewed 23 July 2018 via mobile

We enjoyed a wonderful lunch midweek on the sunny patio. The server was wonderful and fun to chat with, the menu had something to make everyone happy. And the outdoor area is dog friendly for well behaved pups.

Slightly off the beaten path, this is a gem of a beach cafe. We have plans to visit when we are in town next. And if you are not sure what to order...May I suggest the mac and cheese with crab and shrimp?it may be the best I have ever enjoyed.

1  Thank SuburbanWife