“Great Fish Taco's, Clam chowder, and Crab Cakes”
Review of The Deep End Cafe

The Deep End Cafe
Ranked #12 of 124 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$ 11 - US$ 25
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Family friendly with fresh fish and seafood, burgers, deli sandwiches, made-from-scratch soups and chowder. Full bar serving spirits,local draft beers, and Pacific Northwest wines dominate the wine list.
Reviewed 27 November 2016 via mobile

First time on the Oregon Coast. The ratings on Trip advisor served us well. The Deep End Cafe staff and owner were very welcoming, the service was great, and the food was amazing. We will definitely come back.

2  Thank Matt O

Reviewed 26 November 2016 via mobile

Stopped by for a quick bite and a beer. Had the avacodo shrimp crab salad... don't miss it. Outstanding.

Reviewed 17 November 2016

The food here is consistently good. Recently I happened by on a Thursday, when they feature authentic fresh Mexican dishes. Cold sandwiches are also great. Some entrees are a bit over priced for what they are, but I've never had to send anything back. The downside is that ownership doesn't know how to schedule help. One person to handle the both sides during lunch is self-defeating. It astonishes me that for the cost of one table walking out, there could be a second server on the clock for a few hours during peak times.
One whole side is a comfortable bar with a good selection on tap. But if you're going to dedicate half your square footage to a bar, at least do it justice by having a knowledgeable and dedicated bartender. Instead, guests have to flag down the nearest server to do double duty. I'll return for the dependable food, but will usually leave muttering to myself about the lack of staffing.

1  Thank MrStillwell
Reviewed 14 November 2016 via mobile

The chowder was the good thick and creamy. Across the street from the performing arts and next to Nye Beach. Very empty. Service was excellent. Prawns and rock fish good.

1  Thank Betty P
Reviewed 10 November 2016

We arrived about an hour before closing and the Cafe was virtually empty. The menu is not very large and we decided, my wife and I, that we would have fish tacos. My wife ordered the battered cod tacos and I ordered the seared tuna. There were two tacos each on two soft shells. I think we are spoiled by the tacos we ate in Maui and in Tofino and these were very average. There was little flavour but lots of fish. We both wished we had tried another option. Service was very friendly and quite quick.

Date of visit: November 2016
Charlotte B, Owner at The Deep End Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded 13 November 2016

Thank you for coming to The Deep End Cafe and for the review of your experience. This time of the year is off-season and it is often very quiet before closing time. I did want to let you know the fish tacos are fresh rockfish, which is a milder fish than cod. Cod is typically frozen and we use only fresh fish for our menu items. I hope you will visit us again someday when you are in Newport.