“Best dinner we've had in a long time! ”

Sharks Seafood Bar & Steamer Co.
Ranked #1 of 122 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$ 20 - US$ 25
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner
Description: C Casual & cozy mom & pop seafood restaurant est. 1995. Healthy, non-fried, perfectly cooked seafood. Prepared in unique steam kettles. Known especially for our tasty Cioppino and Seafood Entrees. "Finest Steamed Seafood on the West Coast" Fish & crab entrees, gumbo, curry. Fresh Oysters, crab, shrimp, clams, salads. Gluten free choices. Beer, wine & cocktails. Dinner only, hours vary by season, Chk our website or FB for current info. Enjoy our historic Newport Bayfront.
Reviewed 21 June 2018 via mobile

This cozy little seafood restaurant was a great find. The Dungeness crab dinner was fantastic. The fruit vegetable salad had more variety than any I've ever eaten. I wanted to have an authentic local delicacy and was not disappointed. We would definitely like to eat here again.

Reviewed 18 June 2018

We are locals and have been going for years, and yet I have NEVER ventured past cioppino and gumbo, WHY you ask? Because it is the best, hands down....

Reviewed 17 June 2018 via mobile

Great food, great presentation. The Cioppino is to die for; believe all the other reviewers! Kinda quirky space, most of the seats are at a bar. Would’ve received 5 stars if the service was better. The server was friendly and warm, but had to serve the entire place by herself, and the place seats about 20.

Reviewed 14 June 2018

First time at Sharks was amazing. Wife's Crab Louis was a work of art. Full of fresh Dungeness crab, fresh fruit, veggies . My Cioppino Pasta was also a dazzler with their signature Cioppino base , lots of fresh fish/crab/shrimp and linguine. We'll be back!

Reviewed 10 June 2018 via mobile

My husband and I arrived when this tiny spot opened on Saturday and were able to get a table right away. The interior is so cute and homey with an aquarium, bar and lots of cute touches. The one server did everything herself and was so friendly and fun to be around. I ordered a Lost Coast Great White beer, and my husband and I each had a dinner salad. The fresh bread and butter arrived quickly. He tried the super-sized bowl of cioppino and I had the super-sized seafood linguini marinara. The portions were huge and we took most of them with us. I can’t even begin to describe how delicious the entrees were and they were served hot. This restaurant is a real treat!

1  Thank SophieBlue09
SharksSeafoodBar, Owner at Sharks Seafood Bar & Steamer Co., responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

Your review is incredible as well, thank you very much!