“This place is a gem”

Ranked #2 of 122 Restaurants in Newport
Price range: US$ 5 - US$ 30
Good for: Child-friendly, View, Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Lunch, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Description: You enter Georgie's Beachside Grill and the first thing you notice is the view. The Pacific Ocean unfolds from tableside windows and sets the scene for a remarkable dining experience. Then you notice a few other things. Waiters greet people with a warm smile. Bartenders create crafted cocktails without a side order of arrogance. And kids are actually... happy to be here. It's no wonder this restaurant is a favorite with both visitors and locals alike. The menu reads like it's for a place where the jackets required are more of the polar fleece kind. There's no Foie Gras to be found or small portions that leave you longing for more. It's just plenty of mouthwatering authentic Northwest favorites with an emphasis on seafood. From expertly prepared halibut, salmon, Yaquina Bay Oysters, Dungeness crab and more to inventive dishes like the locals' favorite, Diablo Seafood Pasta, every appetite will be satisfied. There's even a delectable kids menu, vegetarian and gluten-free fare as well. Reservations are not accepted but you are welcome to call ahead put your name on the wait list. Georgie's is open daily at 7:30am.
Reviewed 22 February 2018

From the second we walked through the door, we were provided exceptional service. I have to give a special shout out to our waitress, Pearl. She is one of a kind! I am not exaggerating when I say that I have never been provided with such amazing service! Smiled the entire time, checked on our table numerous times to make sure we had all we needed! It was just myself and my two boys (3 and 8) they were getting restless, so she gave them crackers while they were waiting. She constantly made me feel like I should not feel embarrassed by having two crazy little boys. Man, let me tell you, if you are a parent, you know how comforting it is to go to a restaurant with your children and feel comfortable with the atmosphere! Especially if your children are restless and can't sit still well. Thank you Georgie's! Also, FOOD WAS AMAZING.

1  Thank Angel R
MrMikeLocke, Manager at Georgie's Beachside Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 25 February 2018

Angel R,

Thank you for being our guests! We are happy to hear that you and your boys had an awesome time while dining with us and that Pearl took excellent care of you. We will share your compliments with her and thank you for the recommendations. Thank you for making the time to leave a review for us. We hope you will dine with us again soon.

Mike Locke
Restaurant & Lounge Manager

Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

I stopped by Georgie’s after the longest day of work. I was pleasantly greeted by a friendly bartender who promptly gave me a happy hour menu and asked what I would like to drink even though she was extremely busy. I was in an indecisive mood and she let me taste a few different beers before choosing. After settling on my beer of choice I asked for some food recommendations and she suggested The Tuna Tower. Holy smokes! The Tuna Tower was terrific. Kylie gave the best service ever and never left my glass empty. Her and Tami make a great team and I left with a full stomach and a happy heart. Thank you for the experience. I will be back for sure!!

1  Thank Bodie J

Bodie J,

Thank you for your kind review! We are thrilled to hear that you had a wonderful time while dining with us. We appreciate and will be sharing your compliments towards Kylie and Tami, they do make a great team. Thank you so much for being our guest. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Mike Locke
Restaurant & Lounge Manager

Reviewed 19 February 2018

We came here for breakfast during our stay in Newport. This place gets pretty crowded so I would recommend sitting at the bar if you are a couple. The omelettes were great as was the bloody mary that I had. All while overlooking the beach. Thanks again!

Devin C, Assistant Restaurant Manager at Georgie's Beachside Grill, responded to this reviewResponded 22 February 2018

DavidSparks,

Thank you for being our guest! We're delighted to hear you enjoyed your breakfast and thanks for sharing the lounge tip! It's often a quiet option for smaller parties. Thank you again for visiting and we hope to see you again in the future!

Devin Crayton
Assistant Restaurant Manager

Reviewed 18 February 2018 via mobile

This place is very popular. We couldn’t get in the first night but planned ahead for breakfast the next morning. It was worth it. The view is to die for and breakfast was great. The chicken fried steak my son had was plate size. He devoured it. The wife loved her eggs Benedict and I tried the seafood breakfast bowl. Yes, it sounds strange, but it was really good if you love seafood in the morning like I do. Bruce our waiter, was outstanding and informative. Informative in the sense that he kept his tables informed of the status of their meal like a pilot telling you what number you are for takeoff. I told Mike at the front Bruce should be commended for his interaction with his customers.

1  Thank Michael M

Michael M,

Thank you for the great review! We're thrilled to hear you enjoyed your breakfast with us and were well taken care of by Bruce! Thank you again for sharing your experience with other readers on TripAdvisor and we look forward to serving you again soon!

Devin Crayton
Assistant Restaurant Manager

Reviewed 16 February 2018

Georgie's, helped me celebrate my birthday. This was my first time eating at Georgie's, as I am new to the area. The food was delicious and the wait staff was so friendly.

Review collected in partnership with this restaurant
2  Thank Departure214792