“Outstanding gourmet food.”

Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 4 November 2015

You have five choices for dinner. You call in the morning which you have your reservation to choose your dinner. You have a seven course dinner including desert. The fun part, you are assigned to a large table of eight. You meet very interesting people from around the world as well as local. This is my wife's favorite place.

Reviewed 4 October 2015

Great breakfast and dinner. Breakfast comes with room and is huge (if you want) Dinner is great and comes with friends and games (if you want.

Reviewed 22 September 2015

Great service, friendly staff, good food. We had wonderful appetizers, salad and main course. Ice cream sandwiches were awesome.

Reviewed 29 August 2015

Every evening at 7pm (with 2 seatings on weekends) the Sylvia Beach Hotel serves up family style dinners. After days of fried seafood, you'll want to have the fresh salmon or steak here (there is also a veggie option), several courses, some wine (for purchase) and fun conversations with strangers who love literature (since the hotel's rooms are named after writers). We loved it, and can't wait to return someday.

Reviewed 28 August 2015

This is our third time at the Tables of Content, and by far the worst. The food was just average with over cooked tuna (the tuna was cooked well done for everyone, what a shame), small portions (one-half of a small artichoke was the appetizer) and bad dessert (ice-cream that tasted like store-bought vanilla with gummy bears mixed in sitting on top of a small piece of watermelon). But what we were really shocked was how rude our waitress was. She never introduced herself and made rude comments: When my adult son asked if he could have a soda, she just said "NO" and stabbed her finger on the drink section of the menu. When I asked if I could have ice tea, she angrily said "well, I will have to make it!". The lady next to me asked if they could lower the sun screen on the window since the sun was shinning right in her face and the waitress said "Well, why did you come here if you are not going to watch the sunset!" The sun was really bright and blinding and not setting for another hour. The waitress can watch the sun set out a different window! The sun was really bright and we are paying for the meal! The waitress was grumpy the entire meal. I guess maybe because our table had 3 kids at it and the adults did not drink alcohol she was mad that her tip wouldn't be higher?? I don't know. Everyone at our table was delightful, but we all commented about how rude she was. We have been twice before and the food has been ok, but I will not be going back any time soon. Once our family of 4 ate with another family of 3 from Italy - very fun! Another time I brought a mom friend and we ate with 6 other singles/couples and played the 2 truths/ 1 lie game and had a great time! Food before had been better than average, served family style.

1  Thank luckyone50