“Average food, Terrible Service”
Review of Tables of Content

Tables of Content
Ranked #35 of 121 Restaurants in Newport
Cuisines: International
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 28 August 2015

This is our third time at the Tables of Content, and by far the worst. The food was just average with over cooked tuna (the tuna was cooked well done for everyone, what a shame), small portions (one-half of a small artichoke was the appetizer) and bad dessert (ice-cream that tasted like store-bought vanilla with gummy bears mixed in sitting on top of a small piece of watermelon). But what we were really shocked was how rude our waitress was. She never introduced herself and made rude comments: When my adult son asked if he could have a soda, she just said "NO" and stabbed her finger on the drink section of the menu. When I asked if I could have ice tea, she angrily said "well, I will have to make it!". The lady next to me asked if they could lower the sun screen on the window since the sun was shinning right in her face and the waitress said "Well, why did you come here if you are not going to watch the sunset!" The sun was really bright and blinding and not setting for another hour. The waitress can watch the sun set out a different window! The sun was really bright and we are paying for the meal! The waitress was grumpy the entire meal. I guess maybe because our table had 3 kids at it and the adults did not drink alcohol she was mad that her tip wouldn't be higher?? I don't know. Everyone at our table was delightful, but we all commented about how rude she was. We have been twice before and the food has been ok, but I will not be going back any time soon. Once our family of 4 ate with another family of 3 from Italy - very fun! Another time I brought a mom friend and we ate with 6 other singles/couples and played the 2 truths/ 1 lie game and had a great time! Food before had been better than average, served family style.

1  Thank luckyone50

Reviewed 24 June 2015

We enjoyed the dinner and getting to know our fellow table mates. If you want a quiet dinner for two, this is not for you.

Reviewed 5 June 2015

This was a fun dinner. Three of us were teamed with three strangers at a large table. Quite a friendly evening of telling truths and lies to each other over dinner.

The sunset was delightful, right out the window and all over that beach.

Varying reviews on the food. The lamb entree was fabulous. Very lovely floral presentation. The lamb was perfect.

I'm not a lamb fan, and went with the poached local Salmon. Very nice. Just slightly cooked so that it was still very tender. Delightful.

The Chicken Picatta was just so-so. Not quite enough pizzaz to be true picatta. But OK.

The side salad was quite nice. And the side dishes were each a special treat unto themselves.

Overall, we had a very fine meal and some great conversation with folks we'd never met and will never see again.

Anonymous dining at its finest.

Reviewed 4 June 2015

In fact, digging into the social side of a dinner at Tables of Content is an important part of a satisfying meal, either breakfast or dinner, but especially the latter. You may be newly weds wanting only to make eyes at each other, but your more likely going to be seated with other's who've been there and done that. And it will be great. A memorable dinner, though you may not recall what you ate. Good, though.

Reviewed 31 May 2015

My husband and I had a great time here. By far, this restaurant has the best view in Newport. We have eaten at Georgie's and other restaurants of the ocean, but this one is the best. The windows are huge and unobstructed, and the restaurant is right on the beach. The food was amazing and was spaced perfectly. We had plenty to eat as it was family-style and is well worth the price for a four course meal plus coffee/tea. I would recommend this place for couples, family get-togethers (without kids) and vacationers. I would not recommend this place to couples that want to be alone and have their own conversations. You are at a table with other people and in a small dining room where everyone could hear you. If you are interested in talking with other folks from around the country, this would be the perfect place for you.

1  Thank taracals85